- Helps promote optimal body composition
- Provides a quick snack alternative
- Provides 15 grams of quality protein per bar
- Provides 12 grams of fiber per bar
- Contains only 7 grams of non-fiber carbs per bar
- Gluten free
- No trans fats or hydrogenated oils
- No sugar alcohols
- Sweetened with Stevia
Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars provide a great nutritional alternative for active lifestyles and a delicious addition to any day. Delivering 15 grams of high-quality protein and 12 grams of fiber per bar, Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars are formulated for both flavor and fitness.
With consistently hectic lifestyles, it’s a struggle to make the food choices that are best for us — we need something that tastes good, that’s good for us, and that is convenient. Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars provide a quick, easy, natural and gluten-free option for satisfying hunger and providing the nutrition you need any time of day, whether you want to lose weight, build lean muscle, or are just interested in a healthy snack alternative.
Made with more of the protein and fiber you need, and less of the carbohydrates and additives you don’t, Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars are designed to curb hunger, provide lasting energy, and help you reach your fitness, body composition, and weight loss goals. For a quick and easy addition to your active lifestyle, and support for your weight loss plan, make Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars your first choice!
Designed to curb hunger, provide lasting energy, and help you reach your fitness, body composition and weight loss goals, Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars are a natural and gluten free alternative providing the nutrition you need at any time of day. This great tasting, Peanut-Butter flavored bar provides more of the protein (15 grams) and fiber (12 grams) you need and less of the carbohydrates and additives you don't. Natural and free from gluten or added sugar, the Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bar is the logical "choice" whether you want to lose weight, build lean muscle, or are just interested in a healthy snack alternative.
does not come close
There is lots of competition for this product and they all beat this one. Even though ingredients are about the same this bar is almost impossible to chew. Hard as a rock, warm or cold, and taste like cardboard not PB. Would never recommend it to anyone.
Bar from Hell!
Ordered this after INTL Convention, it sticks a lot to your teeth! They need to work on texture, taste, consistency, etc.! Have tasted many protein bars in my life (sports player)!
I've order many Market America products and loved them all but this bar TASTE ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!! Don't waste your money.
I love how this bar is a little chewy so you feel like you've actually ate something. So many do nothing to fill you up. This one tastes a bit like a candy bar so that makes it even better.
Aside from the obvious nutritional advantages this product has over competing protein bars, it is by FAR the most delicious protein bar I've ever tasted.
Whey Protein (15 grams per bar)
Whey protein is a naturally complete protein, meaning that it contains all of the essential amino acids required in the daily diet. It has the ideal combination of amino acids to help improve body composition and enhance athletic performance. Whey protein is important for increasing muscle mass and muscle strength, and has been shown to help improve training efficiency in athletes. Whey protein is an excellent source of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs); these basic building blocks, including leucine, isoleucine and valine, are particularly conductive to muscle growth as they promote healthy protein synthesis in human muscle. BCAAs are important for athletes, because unlike the other essential amino acids, they are metabolized directly into muscle tissue and are the first ones used during periods of exercise and resistance training.
Fiber (12 grams per bar)
Fiber is that part of plant-based foods (vegetables, whole grains, etc.) that is indigestible by humans. Fiber has several properties of importance in human nutrition. These include prolonging the emptying of the stomach and contributing to satiety, which can assist in weight management. Slower stomach emptying may also help maintain stable blood sugar levels.
Most people have a much lower fiber intake than is recommended. When combined with the high-sugar, high fat diets common in many western cultures, this has the potential to contribute to negative health consequences. Generally, recommendations for adults for fiber intake are between 25 and 40 grams per day.
- Anthony JC, Anthony TG, Kimball SR, Jefferson LS. Signaling pathways involved in translational control of protein synthesis in skeletal muscle by leucine. J Nutr. 131:856S-60S, 2001.
- Blomstrand E et al. Influence of ingesting a solution of branched-chain amino acids on plasma and muscle concentrations of amino acids during prolonged submaximal exercise. Nutrition. 12:485-90, 1996.
- Blomstrand, E., et al. Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. Journal of Nutrition. 136(1):269S-273S, 2006.
- Burke, D. G., et al. The effect of whey protein supplementation with and without creatine monohydrate combined with resistance training on lean tissue mass and muscle strength. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 11(3):349-364, 2001.
- Cribb PJ, et al. The effect of whey isolate and resistance training on strength, body composition, and plasma glutamine. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 16:494-509, 2006.
- Hall, W. L., et al. Casein and whey exert different effects on plasma amino acid profiles, gastrointestinal hormone secretion and appetite. British Journal of Nutrition. 89(2):239-248, 2003.
- Hesta, M., Debraekeleer, J., Janssens, G. P. J. & De Wilde, R. (2001) [The effect of a commercial high-fibre diet and an Isomalto-oligosaccharide-supplemented diet on post-prandial glucose concentrations in dogs] J. Animal Physio. Animal Nutr., 85(7-8) 217.
- Hutson SM and Harris RA. Introduction. Symposium: Leucine as a nutritional signal. J Nutr 131:839S-40S, 2001.
- Kaneko, T.; Komoto, T.; Kikuchi, H.; Shiota, M.; Yatake, T.; lino, H.; Tsuji, K. 1993. [Effects of isomaltooligosaccharides intake on defecation and intestinal environment in healthy volunteers]. Ninon Kasei Gakkaishi 44(4):245-254 [Japanese with English summary].
- Kerksick CM, et al. The effects of protein and amino acid supplementation on performance and training adaptations during ten weeks of resistance training. J Strength Cond Res. 20(3):643-53, 2006.
- Kimball SR and Jefferson LS. Control of protein synthesis by amino acid availability. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 5:63-7, 2002.
- Layman DK. The role of leucine in weight loss diets and glucose homeostasis. J Nutr. 133:261S-7S, 2003.
- MacLean DA and Graham TE. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation augments plasma ammonia responses during exercise in humans. J Appl Physiol. 74:2711-7, 1993.
- MacLean DA and Graham TE, Saltin B. Branched-chain amino acids augment ammonia metabolism while attenuating protein breakdown during exercise. Am J Physiol. 267:E1010-22, 1994.
- Marshall, K. Therapeutic applications of whey protein. Alternative Medicine Review. 9(2):136-156, 2004.
- Merchant, A. T., et al. Protein intake is inversely associated with abdominal obesity in a multi-ethnic population. Journal of Nutrition. 135(5):1196-1201, 2005.
- Paddon-Jones, D., et al. Differential stimulation of muscle protein synthesis in elderly humans following isocaloric ingestion of amino acids or whey protein. Exp Gerontol. 2005.
- Qing, G.; Yi, Y.; Guohong, J.; Gai, C. 2003. [Study on the regulative effect of Isomaltooligosaccharides on human intestinal flora]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 32(1):54-55 [Chinese with English summary].
- Rycroft, C.E.; Jones, M.R.; Gibson, G.R.; Rastall, R.A. 2001. A comparative in vitro evaluation of the fermentation properties of prebiotic oligosaccharides. J Appl Microbiol 91(5):878-887.
- Sheng, G. E., Dong-lian, C. A. I. & Wan, Li-li. (2006) [Determination of glycemic index of xylitol and isooligosccharide] Chin. J. Clin. Nutr., 14(4) 235-237.
- Shimomura, Y., et al. Nutraceutical effects of branched-chain amino acids on skeletal muscle. Journal of Nutrition. 116(2): 529S-532S, 2006.
- Shimomura, Y., et al. Exercise promotes BCAA catabolism: effects of BCAA supplementation on skeletal muscle during exercise. Journal of Nutrition. 134(6):1583S-1587S, 2004.
- Tang JE, et al. Minimal whey protein with carbohydrate stimulates muscle protein synthesis following resistance exercise in trained young men. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 32:1132-8, 2007.
- Tome, D., et al. Protein, amino acids and the control of food intake. British Journal of Nutrition. 92(Supplement 1):S27-S30, 2004.
- Tungland, B.C.; Meyer, D. 2002. Nondigestible oligo-and polysaccharides (dietary fiber): Their physiology and role in human health and food. Compr Rev Food Sci Food Safety 3:73-9.
- Volpi, E., et al. Essential amino acids are primarily responsible for the amino acid stimulation of muscle protein anabolism in healthy elderly adults. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 78: 250-258, 2003.
- Walker TB et al. The influence of 8 weeks of whey-protein and leucine supplementation on physical and cognitive performance. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 20(5):409-17, 2010.
- Wu G. Amino acids: metabolism, functions, and nutrition. Amino Acids. 37(1):1-17, 2009. Review.
Do Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars assist in weight loss?
Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars can easily be incorporated into a weight loss plan by providing a source of quality protein and fiber — much-needed nutrients that can help meet weight loss goals.
Who should use Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars?
Anyone who is interested in supporting their nutrition and boosting their overall protein intake with a minimum of calories or carbohydrates, as well as those seeking an convenient alternative to high-calorie, low-nutrient fast food.
How do Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars assist in weight loss?
Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars assists in weight loss by providing quality protein and fiber — two key nutrients for supporting weight loss, the retention of lean muscle tissue and optimal body composition.
What are the advantages of a lean protein diet?
Protein provides much-needed nourishment while also blunting hunger pangs, enabling you to feel fuller for longer without becoming deprived of necessary nutrients.
What is the difference between Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars and Choice Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars?
While both products offer a quick snack option, the benefits offered by Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars — natural, along with 12 grams of fiber — are perfect for anyone looking for a convenient way to boost their protein intake.
On the other hand, Choice Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars, with their more balanced ratio of protein to carbohydrates, along with extra vitamins and minerals, are intended to provide a satisfying between-meal snack that also represents a better alternative to desserts and candy bars. Both products provide an ideal solution for each situation.
Are Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars vegetarian?
Yes. Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars only utilize whey and milk proteins, while their fiber component is produced from various cereal crops.
How often should I have a Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bar?
Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars are especially useful as a snack between meals to help fight hunger and provide additional protein and fiber. They can be enjoyed anytime.
Can I eat a Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bar along with a meal?
Absolutely! Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars are great on their own, but can also be used as an after dinner dessert or as an addition to a salad, soup, or sandwich.
Which other products are best combined with Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars?
This is ultimately a matter of your nutritional goals. Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars are compatible with the entire TLS® product line and can be used in combination with other supplements. Someone interested in muscle retention and anti-aging might use them along with Ultra Prime™ Secretagogue HGH Enhancer or Prime™ Ultimate Longevity Formula by Isotonix®. Those seeking support for cardiovascular health may wish to combine these bars with Heart Health™ Essential Omega III Fish Oil with Vitamin E, while people seeking additional antioxidant protection may wish to use Choice Peanut Butter Protein Bars along with Isotonix OPC-3®.