You may also like
Moms, dads and pediatricians understand how difficult it is to ensure their children get the nutrients they need – especially all-important antioxidants. That’s why DNA Miracles is proud to offer DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews, perfect for helping children get the antioxidant power of Pycnogenol ®† in a new, delicious chewable.*
These antioxidant chews are made with Pycnogenol – the same clinically-studied ingredient found in all of our OPC-3 products, including our popular children’s supplement, DNA Miracles Isotonix OPC-3 ® , our Isotonix OPC-3 ® and Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend supplements for adults. This powerful antioxidant has been shown to support your children’s health in numerous ways, including supporting your child’s heart health. DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews provide a strong antioxidant defense for every cell in your child’s body, contributing to the maintenance of brain health and circulation.*
With DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews, parents and pediatricians can feel confident they are not only giving them a nutritious and delicious chewable, but one that is good for them as well.* Because Every Child is a Miracle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Provides strong antioxidant defense
- Powerful free-radical scavenger
- Helps maintain brain health
- Supports the production of neurotransmitters
- Helps maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins
- Supports healthy blood vessel dilation
- Promotes healthy nitric oxide levels
Pycnogenol ® †
Pycnogenol is a plant extract from the bark of the maritime pine tree, which grows exclusively along the coast of southwest France in Les Landes de Gascogne. This unspoiled, natural environment is the unique source of this pine bark. Pycnogenol is one of the most researched ingredients in the natural product marketplace. Published findings have demonstrated Pycnogenol's wide array of beneficial effects on the body, specifically in the realm of antioxidant health. Pine bark extract is a combination of proanthocyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids. The extract has three basic properties: it is a powerful antioxidant; selectively binds to collagen and elastin; and promotes normal production of endothelial nitric oxide, which promotes normal dilation of blood vessels.*
Pycnogenol is beneficial to children because it neutralizes many free radicals before they cause oxidative stress. Its antioxidant capabilities help support healthy blood platelet activity and promote cardiovascular health.*
Grape Seed Extract
Grape seed extract is typically extracted from the seeds of red grapes (instead of white), which have a high content of compounds known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs). Grape seed extract contains polyphenols, compounds with high antioxidant activity. Children would benefit from grape seed extract, because it helps to reduce the stress of free radicals and minimize oxidative stress caused by environmental toxins.*
Bilberry extract is derived from the leaves and berry-like fruit of a common European shrub closely related to the blueberry. Extracts of the ripe berry contain flavonoid pigments known as anthocyanins, which are powerful antioxidants. Scientific studies confirm that bilberry extract supports healthy vision and venous circulation. Bilberry extract helps maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries, and veins. Children may benefit from bilberry extract because of its ability to support healthy vision and venous circulation, as well as helping to maintain brain health.*
Citrus Bioflavonoids Extract
Bioflavonoids are antioxidants found in certain plants that act as light filters, which protect the plant's DNA and other important macromolecules by absorbing ultraviolet radiation. They have been found to promote cardiovascular health and help maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins. The ability for citrus bioflavioids to maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries, and veins is also beneficial for helping maintain brain health and supports the production of neurotransmitters in children.*
What are OPCs?
The formula for DNA Miracles™ OPC-3 ® Chews includes some of the most powerful bioflavonoids – biologically-active members of plant-derived compounds – currently known to research scientists. These bioflavonoids are scientifically termed oligomeric proanthocyanidins , commonly abbreviated OPCs. The purest and best-researched OPCs include grape seed, red wine, grape skin, bilberries, citrus fruit, and pine bark extract, or Pycnogenol ®† .*
Are DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews safe?
Yes. OPCs are among the most valuable constituents of a healthy human diet. OPCs have been researched and used for over 30 years throughout Europe. DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews are free of harmful chemicals, preservatives and alcohol.*
Are there any allergens in DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews?
DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews is a vegetarian product and contains no wheat, yeast, gluten, artificial flavors, starch, salt, preservatives or milk.
What is the serving size for DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews? Consume one (1) chew daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Can my children take DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews in addition to other DNA Miracles products?
An assortment of DNA Miracles products – DNA Miracles Chewable Probiotics, DNA Miracles Essential Omega 3, DNA Miracles Isotonix Digestive Enzymes, and DNA Miracles Isotonix Multivitamin or DNA Miracles Isotonix Multivitamin Plus – can be taken in addition to DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews.
Can adults take DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews?
Yes! DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chews are great for both children and adults. A single DNA Miracles OPC-3 Chew contains 25 grams of Pycnogenol ®† – the same amount found in a single serving of our Isotonix OPC-3 ® product.
- Adams J. Summary of Biomedical Treatments for Autism. Autism Research Institute Publication. 40 (April), 2007.
- Burton G et al. Vitamin E: Antioxidant activity, biokinetics, and bioavailability. Annual Review Nutrition. 10:357-382, 1992.
- Chovanová Z et al. Effect of polyphenolic extract, Pycnogenol, on the level of 8-oxoguanine in children suffering from attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Free Radical Research. 40(9):1003-10, 2006.
- Devaraj S et al. Supplementation with a pine bark extract rich in polyphenols increases plasma antioxidant capacity and alters the plasma lipoprotein profile. Lipids 37:931-4, 2002.
- Diliberto E et al. Multicompartmental secretion of ascorbate and its dual role in dopamine b-hydroxylation. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 54(6 Supplement):1163S-72S, 1991.
- Dolske M. et al. A preliminary trial of ascorbic acid as supplemental therapy for autism. Progress in Neuropsycho-pharmacology and Biological Psychiatry. 17(2):765-774, 1993.
- Dvoráková M et al. The effect of polyphenolic extract from pine bark, Pycnogenol on the level of glutathione in children suffering from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Redox Report. 11(4):163-72, 2006.
- Fine A. Oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes: history, structure, and phytopharmaceutical applications. Alternative Medicine Review 5:144-51, 2000. Review.
- Fitzpatrick, D., et al. Endothelium-dependent vascular effects of Pycnogenol. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 32: 509-515, 1998.
- Freedman, J., et al. Select flavonoids and whole juice from purple grapes inhibit platelet function and enhance nitric oxide release. Circulation 103:2792-8, 2001.
- Frei B et al. Ascorbate is an outstanding antioxidant in human blood plasma. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 86(16):6377-6381, 1989.
- Gulati, O. Pycnogenol® in venous disorders: a review. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 1-13, 1999.
- Guo Q et al. Electron spin resonance study of free radicals formed from a procyanidin-rich pine (Pinus maritima) bark extract, Pycnogenol®. Free Radical Biology Medicine. 7(11-12): 1308-1312, 1999.
- Henning S et al. Glutathione blood levels and other oxidant defense indexes in men fed diets low in vitamin C. Journal of Nutrition. 121:169-175, 1991.
- James S et al. Metabolic biomarkers of increased oxidative stress and impaired methylation capacity in children with autism. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 80(6):1611-7, 2004.
- Johnston C et al. Vitamin C elevates red blood cell glutathione in healthy adults. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 58(1):103-105, 1993.
- Kidd P Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children: rationale for its integrative management. Alternative Medicine Review. 5(5):402-28, 2000. Review.
- Kim J et al. Effect of select antioxidants on malondialdehyde modification of proteins. Nutrition. 16: 1079-1081, 2000.
- Kirsch M et al. Ascorbate is a potent antioxidant against peroxynitrite-induced oxidation reactions. Evidence that ascorbate acts by re-reducing substrate radicals produced by peroxynitrite. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 275(22):16702-16708, 2000.
- Kuo C et al. Ascorbic acid, an endogenous factor required for acetylcholine release from the synaptic vesicles. Japan Journal of Pharmacology. 30(4):481-492, 1980.
- Lenton K et al. Vitamin C augments lymphocyte glutathione in subjects with ascorbate deficiency. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 77(1):189-195, 2003.
- McGinnis W. Oxidative stress in autism. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 10(6):22-36, 2004. Review.
- Meydani M. Protective role of dietary vitamin E on oxidative stress in ageing. Age. 15:89-93, 1992.
- Monograph. Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry). Alternative Medicine Review 6:500-4, 2001.
- Nelson A et al. Pycnogenol® inhibits macrophage oxidative burst, lipoprotein oxidation and hydroxyl radical-induced DNA damage. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. 24 (2): 139-144, 1998.
- Nishioka K et al. Pycnogenol, French maritime pine bark extract, augments endothelium-dependent vasodilation in humans. Hypertension Research. 30(9):775-80, 2007.
- Numakawa Y et al. Vitamin E protected cultured cortical neurons from oxidative stress-induced cell death through the activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. Journal of Neurochemistry. 97(4):1191-1202, 2006.
- Nuttall S et al. An evaluation of the antioxidant activity of a standardized grape seed extract, Leucoselect. J Clin Pharm Ther 23: 385-89, 1998.
- Packer L et al. Antioxidant activity and biologic properties of a procyanidin-rich extract from pine (Pinus maritima) bark, pycnogenol. Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine. 27:704-24, 1999. Review.
- Paleologos M et al. Cohort Study of Vitamin C Intake and Cognitive Impairment. American Journal of Epidemiology. 148(1):45-50, 1998.
- Rimland B. Vitamin C in the Prevention and Treatment of Autism. Autism Research Review International. 12:3, 1998.
- Rohdewald P. A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®), an herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology. International Journal of Clinical and Pharmacology Therapeutics. 40:158-68, 2002. Review.
- Shi, J., et al. Polyphenolics in grape seeds-biochemistry and functionality. J Med Food 6:291-9, 2003. Review.
- Trebatická J et al. Treatment of ADHD with French maritime pine bark extract, Pycnogenol. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 15(6):329-35, 2006.
- Wallerath, T., et al. Resveratrol, a polyphenolic phytoalexin present in red wine, enhances expression and activity of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Circulation 106:1652-8, 2002.
- Wei Z et al. Pycnogenol enhances endothelial cell antioxidant defense. Redox Report 3: 219-24, 1997.
- Yao Y et al. Altered vascular phenotype in autism: correlation with oxidative stress. Archives of Neurology. 63(8):1161-4, 2006.
My friend kids love this product. So do I. Delicious and healthy.
Much better than drinking OPC-3
Not the best tasting thing, but so much faster, and better tasting than the isotonix version.
my kids love these!
i have two toddlers, and they both LOVE these chews. They taste great, and the natural sweetness makes them feel like it's a special treat, even though they are "allowed" to indulge every day!
My kiddos are big fans! (And so am I!) the flavor is terrific, and they think they are getting a special treat! I cut each one up into little pieces so when they ask for "more!", I can gladly give them many treats instead of just the one! These are always in stock at our house.
Comes in handy when you have no time. Opc3 in the run.