- Supports baby’s intestinal health
- Supports normal postnatal development of the gastrointestinal tract flora
- Supports the immune system
- Helps maintain a healthy bacterial balance in the gut
- Contains scientifically-documented bacterial strains
- No sweeteners, colorants or preservatives
DNA Miracles™ Probiotics Extra
As a parent, you want to be sure about the health of your infant. With DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra, you can rest easy knowing that you're providing your child one of the most complete children's probiotic and prebiotic formulas on the market today.
Both probiotics and prebiotics are necessary for a child's proper and healthy development. Healthful bacteria and prebiotics are passed from mother to child through breast milk. In some instances – for example, if an infant is formula-fed or born through Caesarian section – it may be beneficial to supplement an infant with healthful, proper amounts of these beneficial components of breast milk.*
There are also outside factors that may cause an imbalance of an infant's bacterial composition. Research has shown that consuming probiotics and prebiotics, whether through foods or supplements, can promote infants' balance of bacteria – and consequently, their health.*
DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra provides your infant with a scientifically-formulated probiotic and prebiotic combination, as well as a healthy, safe serving of vitamin D. Each serving of DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra contains 200 million colony-forming units (CFUs) of probiotics with demonstrated beneficial effects for infants and newborns. DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra also provides 900 mg of prebiotics to support the normal growth and activity of healthy bacteria in the gut. Along with vitamin D, these three ingredients have a synergistic effect and reinforce some of the beneficial effects of breast milk.*
Parents always want to give their children the best. With DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra, not only can you be sure you're doing all you can to support your infant's health, but you receive our pledge to protect your little miracle through our commitment to quality and care.
Because Every Child is a Miracle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra is a synergistic blend of probiotics, prebiotics and vitamin D that supports your baby’s intestinal health and immune system without upsetting the stomach, helping them maintain a healthy balance. Free of artificial colors and flavors, DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra gives your child the support they need at a price parents can afford.
Gave me my life back
If there were 10 stars I would give it that rating! My daughter was born with acid reflux and was a constant crier. She was a few months old when my friend recommended this product for her. She was waking up every 2 hours to feed and in between those 2 hours she cried most of the time. She barely slept and neither did I. When I started putting this in her milk bottle, she slowly started getting better and her crying became less constant and we both were sleeping more! This product gave me my life back (more hours of sleep) and a less cranky baby!
One of my favorite products!
I started giving my baby Probiotics Plus when he was 12 mos old. He was waking up between 1-5am every night and needed a bottle to go back down. Within a couple days of starting him on it (adding it to his bottle), he was sleeping through the night! I believe the probiotics help him absorb the nutrients he needed from his daytime meals, thus he no longer needs the extra bottle in the middle of t
A probiotic blend of L. reuteri and L. rhamnosus has been well-documented in terms of safety and abililty to support healthy colonization in the human intestine, including in infants and young children. These Lactobacillus strains are naturally found in breast milk and one of the first defenses a nursing mother passes to her child.* L. reuteri is a strain of probiotics that converts glycerol into a powerful broad-spectrum compound, reterin, which supports a healthy bacterial balance.* L. rhamnosus is a strain of probiotics that aids in balancing the gastrointestinal microflora. It is one of the most intensely studied bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. L. rhamnosus has been shown to support immune function and help maintain the integrity of the stomach lining.*
Human milk oligosaccharides (HMO), after lactose and lipids, represent the third largest component in human milk. They are important components of the defense system of human milk, having both the prebiotic potential and the direct interaction with the immune cells.* A prebiotic mixture of 90% short-chain galactooligosaccharides (GOS) and 10% long-chain fructooligosaccharides (FOS) is similar to the prebiotic oligosaccharides found in human breast milk and supports the balance of intestinal flora. The ratio of 90% GOS to 10% FOS mimics the oligosaccharide ratio in human breast milk.*
Regular sunlight exposure is the main way that most humans get their vitamin D. Food sources of vitamin D are vitamin D-fortified milk (100 IU per cup), cod liver oil and fatty fish, such as salmon. Small amounts are found in egg yolks and liver. Vitamin D promotes the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, and supports the production of several proteins involved in calcium absorption and storage.* Vitamin D works with calcium to promote hard, strong bones. Vitamin D also promotes the normal absorption of dietary calcium and phosphate uptake by the intestinal epithelium. It promotes healthy growth and repair of tissues, and supports overall skin health.*
- Millar, M.R., et al. Enteral feeding of premature infants with Lactobacillus GG. Arch Dis Child 1993; 69: 483-487
- Veleur, N. et al. Colonization and immunomodulation by Lactobacillus reuteri ATCC 55730 in the numan gastrointestinal tract. Appl Environ Microbiol 2004; 70(2): 1176-1181.
- Karvonen, A. et al. Safety and possible antidiarrhoeal effect of the probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri after oral adminiatration to neonates. Clin Nutr 2001; 20(suppl 3): 63: abstract 216
- Ramsh, A. et al. Effect of oral Lactobacillus GG on Enteric Microflora in low birth-weight neonate. JPGN 2003; 36: 397
- Rosenfeldt, V., et al. Effect of probiotic Lactobacillus strains in chidren with atopic dermatitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2003; 111: 389-395
- Arvola, T., et al. Prophylactic Lactobacillus GG Reduces Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea in Children with Respiratory Infections: A Randomized Study. Pediatrics (1999) 104:e64
- Vanderhoof, J. A. et al. Lactobacillus GG in the prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhea in children. J. Pediatrics (1999) 135: 565-568
- Indrio. F. et al. The Effects of Probiotics on Feeding Tolerance, Bowel Habits, and Gastrointestinal Motility in Preterm Newborns. J. Pediatrics (2008) 152; 801-806
- Indrio. F. et al. Lactobacillus reuteri accelerates gastric emptying and improves regurgitation in infants. Eur J Clin Invest (2011) 41; 417-422
- Savino, F. et al. Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938 in Infantile Colic: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial.
- Savino, F. et al. Lactobacillus reuteri versus Simethicone in the Treatment of Infantile Colic: A Prospective Randomized Study Pediatrics (2007) 119; e124-e130
- Weizman, Zvi, Ghaleb Asli, and Ahmed Alsheikh. "Effect of a probiotic infant formula on infections in child care centers: comparison of two probiotic agents." Pediatrics 115.1 (2005): 5-9
- Spinler, J.K. et al. Human-Derived Probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri Demonstrate Antimicrobial Activities Targeting Diverse Enteric Bacterial Pathogens. Anaerobe (2008): 14(3); 166-171
- Arslanoglu, S. et al. Early Dietary Intervention with a Mixture of Prebiotic Oligosaccharides Reduces the Incidence of Allergic Manifestations and Infections during the First Two Years of Life. J. Nutr. Jun 2008 vol. 138 no. 6 pp. 1091-1095
- Bruzzese, E. et al. A formula containing galacto- and fructo-oligosaccharides prevents intestinal and etra-intestinal infections: An observational study. Clin. Nutr. 28.2 (2009) pp 156-161
- Walker, V.P. and Modlin, R.L. The Vitamin D Connection to Pediatric Infections and Immune Function. Pediatri. Res. 2009 May; 65(5 Pt 2); 106R-113R
- Nutrient Adequacy of Exclusive Breastfeeding for the Term Infant during the First Six Months of Life. World Health Organization pp 26-30
- Hypponen, E. et al. Intake of Vitamin D and the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes: a Birth-Cohort Study. The Lancet. Vol 358, Issue 9292. pp 1500-1503
What are probiotics and why are they important for infants?
The gut microbiota plays an important role in human health by promoting a healthy bacterial balance, by exerting important metabolic functions (fermentation or nondigestible fiber, production of vitamin K), and by supporting the normal development of the immune system.*
What are prebiotics and why are they important for infants?
Prebiotics are indigestible components of breast milk, fruit and vegetables that support the growth and activity of healthy bacteria in the gut. They are distinct from probiotics, which are cultures of live bacteria.*
Why should I be concerned about gut health in my infant?
It is thought that bacteria lining the gut may play an important role in a child developing sensitivities to certain foods and allergens, regulating immune responses and determining how they will react to the same substances in later life.
How do I give DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra to my child?
Up to age two, mix one level scoopful with water, juice, lukewarm infant formula or food. For newborns, mix only one-quarter (1/4) scoop per day into formula (for the first week).
Are there any warnings associated with DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra?
Do not feed powder directly to infant or children. Do not exceed recommended serving size per day. Store at 15-30 degrees Celsius (59-86 degrees Fahrenheit). Protect from heat, light and moisture. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
Can a child over two years old use DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra?
While there is nothing to preclude children older than two years of age from using DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra, this product’s formula is designed specifically for infants and newborns. As they get older, the makeup of gut flora in children changes. That is why Market America created Might-A-Mins® Spectrum Probiotics, a probiotics supplement designed specifically for children older than two years of age.
Can adults take DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra?
DNA Miracles Probiotics Extra is not recommended for adults. For those looking for digestive health supplements containing probiotics, we recommend Isotonix® Digestive Enzymes with Probiotics, or NutriClean® Probiotics.