Immune Maximum Defense Formula
What Makes Immune Maximum Defense Formula Unique? During times of stress, the bodys immune system may not function at peak performance. The immune system is an active component of the body, working constantly to protect the body from environmental factors and germs to maintain optimal health and general well-being. When a germ enters the body and reproduces, the immune system must work to eliminate the germ. Because the immune system is constantly working hard to protect the body from germs, it is important to keep it functioning optimally. Antioxidants found in Immune Maximum Defense Formula, such as elderberry, andrographis and potent mushroom compounds like Maitake Gold 404® and MycoFusions, help support normal cellular defenses and promote a healthy immune function.* Immune Maximum Defense Formula is a beta glucan supplement, combining Maitake Gold 404®, MycoFusions, elderberry and andrographis to promote healthy immune function. Certain types of mushrooms contain numerous compounds that have been studied extensively for their ability to promote a healthy immune system. The compounds found in Immune Maximum Defense Formula promote healthy activity of interleukins, interferons and necrosis factor, all key components in a healthy immune system. Maitake Gold 404®, a highly studied extract of the maitake mushroom, is shown to be effective in supporting the bodys immune cells, including natural killer cells, macrophages, T cells and B cells.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Primary Benefits of Immune Maximum Defense Formula*:
- Helps maintain general health during times of stress
- Helps support normal cellular defenses
- Helps support the bodys immune defense
- Helps maintain healthy immune function
- High ORAC value provides strong antioxidant defense
- Patented beta glucan supplement to enhance immune function
- Promotes beneficial activity of macrophages, T cells and natural killer cells, which engulf and destroy pathogens and foreign matter
- Promotes healthy immune function
Key Ingredients Found in Immune Maximum Defense Formula:
Maitake Gold 404®: 10 mg
Maitake Gold 404 is a patented, highly concentrated glucan-protein complex extract derived from the maitake mushroom (Grifola frondosa). Maitake Gold 404® is the isolated fraction from maitake mushroom that has the ability to support the body's arsenal of immune cells, including NK cells, macrophages, T cells and B cells and promote normal secretions of interleukin 1 and interleukin 2, substances that support the activity of the immune cells and promote their efficiency.*
MycoFusions: 250 mg
MycoFusions are a group of patent-pending, certified organic super food ingredients that combine the antioxidant nutrition of high-ORAC grains (purple and black corn) with the renowned health-promoting benefits of certain types of mushrooms. MycoFusions is high in protein and dietary fiber. The mushroom varieties used in MycoFusions include Maitake, Cordyceps, Reishi, Oyster, Shiitake and Coriolus.*
When certain types of mushrooms are grown on darkly pigmented grain substances such as purple or black corn, the resulting super food contains profound amounts of high-ORAC phytonutrient antioxidants and anthocyanins (from the host) as well as powerful polysaccharides and beta glucans from the mushroom. This remarkable patent-pending marriage of mushroom and high-ORAC hosts yields a comprehensive, nutrient-enriched ingredient of unprecedented strength.*
The proprietary harvesting and manufacturing process of MycoFusions combines and captures all of the key functional phytonutrient ingredients derived from darkly pigmented grains and health-promoting mushrooms to create the super antioxidant properties of MycoFusions. *
Elderberry Fruit Extract (Standardized to 30% Anthocyanidins): 400 mg
Elderberry (Sambucus) is a genus of between 530 species of shrubs or small trees (two species herbaceous), classified in the moschatel family Adoxaceae. Historically, both the flowers and berries have been made into elderberry wine. The alcoholic drink sambuca is made by infusing elderberries and anise into alcohol. Elderberry extract is a rich source of anthocyanins and bioflavonoids phytochemicals that give fruits and vegetables their color. Bioflavonoids are powerful antioxidants that can protect cells from free radical damage. Elderberry has been used for centuries in
Andrographis: 262.5 mg
Andrographis (Andrographis paniculata) is an herbaceous plant native to
Scientific Studies which Support Immune Maximum Defense Formula:
· Anonymous. Sambucus nigra - monograph. Alternative Medicine Review. 10(1):51-54, 2005.
· Brown D. Standardized elderberry syrup shortens the severity and duration of influenza in adults. HerbalGram 63: 16-17, 2004.
· Cevallos-Casals B and Cisneros-Zevallos L. Stoichiometric and kinetic studies of phenolic antioxidants from Andean purple corn and red-fleshed sweetpotato. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 51(11):3313-9, 2003.
· Chang R. Functional properties of edible mushrooms. Nutrition Reviews. 54(11 Pt 2):S91-3, 1996. Review.
· El-Sayed E et al. Anthocyanin composition in black, blue, pink, purple, and red cereal grains. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 54:4696-4704, 2006.
· Hancke J et al. A double-blind study with a new monodrug Kan Jang: decrease of symptoms and improvements in recovery from common colds. Phytotherapy Research. 9:559-562, 1995.
· Jones K. Maitake: A potent medicinal food. Alternative and Complementary Therapies, December, 1998. pp.420-429.
· Kodama N et al. Administration of a polysaccharide from Grifola frondosa stimulates immune function of normal mice. Journal of Medicinal Food. 7(2):141-145, 2004.
· Kodama N et al. Effect of Maitake (Grifola frondosa) D-fraction on the activation of NK cells in cancer patients. Journal of Medicinal Food. 6(4):371-377, 2003.
· Kodama N et al. Effects of D-Fraction, a polysaccharide from Grifola frondosa on tumor growth involve activation of NK cells. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 25(12):1647-50, 2002.
· Kodama N et al. Maitake D-Fraction enhances antitumor effects and reduces immunosuppression by mitomycin-C in tumor-bearing mice. Nutrition. 21(5):624-9, 2005.
· Lin H et al. Maitake beta-glucan MD-fraction enhances bone marrow colony formation and reduces doxorubicin toxicity in vitro. International Immunopharmacology. 4(1):91-99, 2004.
· Mayell M. Maitake extracts and their therapeutic potential. Alternative Medicine Review. 6(1):48-60, 2001. Review.
· Melchior J et al. Controlled clinical study of a standardized Andrographis paniculata extract in common cold: a pilot trial. Phytomedicine. 3(4):314-318, 1997.
· Mizuno T and Zhuang C. Maitake, Grifola frondosa: Pharmacological effects. Food Reviews International. 11(1): 135-49, 1995.
· Mizuno T et al. Fractionation and characterization of antitumor polysaccharides from Maitake, Grifola frondosa. Agricultural and Biological Chemistry. 50:1679-88, 1986.
· Nanba et al.
· Nanba H and Kubo K. Effect of Maitake D-fraction on cancer prevention. Annals of the
· Nanba H et al. Effects of maitake (Grifola frondosa) glucan in HIV-infected patients. Mycoscience. 41:293-295, 2000.
· Ooi V and Liu F. Immunomodulation and anti-cancer activity of polysaccharide-protein complexes. Current Medicinal Chemistry 7:715-28, 2000.
· Pedreschi R et al. Antimutagenic and antioxidant properties of phenolic fractions from Andean purple corn (Zea mays L.). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 54(13):4557-67, 2006.
· Poolsup N et al. Andrographis paniculata in the symptomatic treatment of uncomplicated upper respiratory tract infection: systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics29:37-45, 2004.
· Sanzen I et al. Nitric oxide-mediated antitumor activity induced by the extract from Grifola frondosa (Maitake mushroom) in a macrophage cell line, RAW264.7. Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research. 20(4):591-7, 2001.
· Shibuya N et al. The elderberry (Sambucus nigra L.) bark lectin recognizes the Neu5Ac(alpha 2-6)Gal/GalNAc sequence. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 262(4):1596-1601, 1987.
· Suzuki I et al. Antitumor and immunomodulating activities of a ß-glucan obtained from liquid-cultured Grifola frondosa. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 37:410-13, 1989.
· Tazawa et al.
· Uhland V. Medicinal mushrooms come out of the dark. Natural Foods Merchandiser. 4(7):30, 2003.
· Vetvicka V and Vetvickova J. Immunostimulating properties of two different ß-glucans isolated from Maitake Mushrooms (Grifola frondosa). Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association. (8)3: 33-39, 2005.
· Wasser S and Weis A. Medicinal properties of substances occurring in higher basidomycetes mushrooms: current perspectives. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. 1:31-62, 1999.
· Wasser S. Medicinal mushrooms as a source of antitumor and immunomodulating polysaccharides. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 60(3):258-74, 2002.
· Youdim K et al. Incorporation of elderberry anthocyanins by endothelial cells increases protection against oxidative stress. Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine. 29:51-60, 2000.
· Zakay-Rones Z et al. Inhibition of several strains of influenza virus in vitro and reduction of symptoms by an elderberry extract (Sambucus nigra) during an outbreak of influenza in
· Zakay-Rones Z et al. Randomized study of the efficacy and safety of oral elderberry extract in the treatment of influenza A and B virus infections. Journal of International Medical Research. 32(2):132-140, 2004.
Frequently Asked Questions about Immune Maximum Defense Formula:
What is the effect of stress on the immune system?
Forty-three percent of all adults suffer adverse health effects from stress. Seventy-five to 90 percent of all doctor's office visits are for stress-related ailments and complaints. Chronic stress blunts immune system response. Studies have shown that those who work in high pressure jobs, have continuous financial problems, marital difficulties or any of the other problems that can cause chronic stress, have lower than normal white blood cell counts, are more vulnerable to colds and other viruses, take longer to recover from them and experience worse symptoms than do people who are under less stress.
How do you support a strong immune system?
There are many ways including exercise, good nutrition, proper rest, meditation and therapeutic message. There are a number of dietary and health supplements that promote a healthy immune system, such as vitamin C, andrographolide and beta glucans.*
Will taking Immune prevent getting a cold or the flu?
No. Taking Immune will not protect you from cold or flu viruses. Immune will, however, help your immune system work at peak efficiency.*
May I take Immune along with cold medicines?
You should consult your physician before taking any natural dietary supplement.
Are there any contraindications for Immune?
Yes. People with a known sensitivity to mushrooms or corn should not take this product. If you currently have an autoimmune disease, such as multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or others, you should not take this product. If you are taking any prescription drugs or have an ongoing medical condition, you should consult your physician before using this product. Take this supplement separately from medications. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not take this product.
How do I take Immune?
Take two capsules daily.
Do you take Immune daily as a supplement or just during times of stress?
Immune should be taken daily as a dietary supplement.