- Supports a healthy complexion
- Supports a smooth, soft and even-toned complexion
- Promotes healthy functioning of the skin at the cellular level, which results in healthy, vibrant-looking skin
- Replenishes essential vitamins and minerals that are co-factors for many enzyme reactions in vivo to help the entire skin to grow and cells to divide
- Helps maintain normal cell growth
- Supports healthy skin with key micronutrients to replenish and rejuvenate skin to look, feel and function its absolute best
- Supports healthy joints
- Supports healthy skin elasticity to keep skin looking young and firm (tight)
- Helps maintain healthy collagen production
- Helps maintain skin elasticity and moisture
- Helps maintain healthy connective tissue
- Maintains healthy collagen and elastin levels to help preserve the elasticity of skin
- Plays a role in maintaining elasticity of capillaries in the dermis, which helps maintain healthy blood flow, minimizing the appearance of spider veins in the skin
- Hyaluronic acid helps maintain healthy joint flexibility, especially in knees, by moisturizing joints
- Helps maintain skin moisture
- Helps maintain an optimal moisture balance in skin that can minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pits
- Promotes healing of minor skin injuries
- Promotes healing of cuts and abrasions
- Helps support the skin’s natural defenses from harmful environmental pollutants and chemicals
- Demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity to assist in normalizing reddened, swollen or thick skin
- Helps maintain microcirculation of skin capillaries for healthy oxygen and nutrient supply – part of our vascular system which “feeds” the skin to help keep it fresh and rejuvenated.
- Powerful free-radical scavenger
- Supports the immune system – a healthy body means healthy-looking skin
- Promotes a healthy circulatory system including healthy capillaries, which ensures your whole body gets the nutrients it needs to stay healthy
- Supports healthy circulation
- Powerful antioxidant that provides the skin with a defense against damage and signs of aging
- Provides antioxidant protection for the entire body – minimizes the damage that free radicals can wreak on your body
- Helps promote overall health
- Helps skin stay younger-looking
- Helps maintain healthy hair and nails – biotin
- Helps support healthy bones, teeth, joints and skin
- Helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, supports a healthy immune system, supports a healthy cardiovascular system and keeps bones strong
- Adequate calcium and vitamin D throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Adequate calcium and vitamin D as part of a healthful diet, along with physical activity, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis in later life
Isotonix OPC-3® Beauty Blend
The nutritional supplement powder Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend takes an inside-out approach to promote healthy skin.
Isotonix Beauty Blend's OPC-3 benefits helps maintain skin health at the cellular level, nourishing and rejuvenating skin cells with some of the finest antioxidants available today including grape seed extract, red wine extract, bilberry extract, citrus bioflavanoids and Pycnogenol - all of which help give this skin health supplement its OPC-3 benefits. Each is a powerful free-radical scavenger that works to help keep the skin healthy and beautiful.
This Isotonix nutritional supplement powder works as a skin health supplement, promoting skin elasticity, collagen production and healthy circulation by including vitamins and nutrients that make it one of the most advanced beauty supplements on the market. At the same time, Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend also provides you with cardiovascular support and a boost for your immune system thanks to its powerful formula.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend challenges the phrase - Beauty is only skin deep - by taking a unique, inside-out approach to making you both look and feel better. Containing nutrients that provide cardiovascular support, promote increased energy, boost immunity and regulate blood sugar, this product delivers diverse health support. At the same time, with a rich combination of vitamins and antioxidants proven to promote cell protection, collagen production and healthy circulation, Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend supplies your skin and hair with what they need to flourish!
Great Women's (and Men's) Formula
I think this is a GREAT formula for women--OPC's, B Vitamins, Calcium and Vit. D. What I will say is the biggest difference I noticed was my nails. They are hard as a rock and grow fast! Did I say great women's formula? My husband uses it as well.
Beauty from the inside out!!!
I have been taking this product for just over a month. I have noticed my skin (all over, my elbows even) getting softer, red lines and spots getting lighter, and a few other things. I am so very impressed that the product does what it says and more. I feel great.. Thank you for such a quality product, delivery system and ingredients. I am very careful about what I take, I am very pleased!
Makes my skin look flawless
I love love love this product!! Since I started taking it daily about a year ago my complexion has been amazing!! Sometimes I slack on the weekends.. i know bad girl..lol but.. I can totally see a difference in my skin when I forget. My regimen has become more routine and I rarely see and outbreaks!! One product I will never stop taking!
dispensing the product
I have found the easiest way to dispense the product is to unscrew the lid with the last thread partially engaged while still holding the lid to the bottle, turn the bottle upside down, shake it a bit and then tilt the bottle away from the lid. The lid should be full or nearly full. Repeat as needed to get the lid fullness you desire. A little practice will get you there.
OPC for skin hair and nails
I have been using the product for over 5 years now but when I first began within 3-6 months saw a noticeable difference of strength and less dryness in my hair and nails As well, my skin has been more hydrated. I highly recommend it to all!:)
Grape Seed Extract 25 mg
Grape seed extract is typically extracted from the seeds of red grapes (instead of white), which have a high content of compounds known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs). Grape seed extract is extremely rich in polyphenols, compounds with high antioxidant activity. Grape seed extract has been found to maintain healthy cholesterol levels.*
Red Wine Extract 25 mg
Red wine extract is a powerful antioxidant. This extract is found in grape vines, roots, seeds and stalks, with the highest concentration in the skins. The antioxidant properties of red wine extract contribute to maintaining healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins, and promoting overall cardiovascular health.*
In the late 1990s, scientists took note of a phenomenon among the French. There were very low rates of cardiovascular problems in the provinces where residents consistently ate high fat foods and drank red wine. Scientists concluded that the protective properties of red wine have helped the French maintain cardiovascular health for years and subsequent scientific studies have further shown that the OPCs found in red wine are particularly beneficial for protecting the heart and blood vessels.*
Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol®) 40 mg
Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract from the bark of the maritime pine tree, which grows exclusively along the coast of southwest France in Les Landes de Gascogne. This unspoiled and natural forest environment is the unique source of pine bark. Pycnogenol is one of the most researched ingredients in the natural product marketplace. Published findings have demonstrated Pycnogenol’s wide array of beneficial effects on the body. Pine bark extract is an all natural combination of procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids.
The extract has three basic properties — it is a powerful antioxidant, selectively binds to collagen and elastin, and promotes the normal production of endothelial nitric oxide, which promotes the normal dilation of dilate blood vessels.*
As one of the most powerful natural scavenger of free radicals, Pycnogenol combats many aggressive free radicals before they cause oxidative stress to vital organs. Its super-antioxidant capabilities help support healthy blood platelet activity, support healthy blood glucose levels, reduce mild menstrual cramping and abdominal pain, maintain joint flexibility, promote cardiovascular health, promote healthy sperm quality, maintain healthy cholesterol levels and support a healthy complexion.*
Bilberry Extract 25 mg
Bilberry extract is derived from the leaves and berry-like fruit of a common European shrub closely related to the blueberry. Extracts of the ripe berry are known to contain flavonoid pigments known as anthocyanins, which are powerful antioxidants. Scientific studies confirm that bilberry extract supports healthy vision and venous circulation. Bilberry extract helps maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins.*
Citrus Extract (Bioflavonoids) 25 mg
Bioflavonoids are antioxidants found in certain plants that act as light filters, which protect delicate DNA chains and other important macromolecules by absorbing ultraviolet radiation. They have been found to promote cardiovascular health, help maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins, and demonstrate anti-inflammatory activity.*
Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) 15 mg
Hyaluronic acid or hyaluronate is a glycosaminoglycan distributed widely throughout connective, epithelial and neural tissues, and is commonly used in skin care products. It is one of the main constituents of the extracellular matrix and promotes healthy cell proliferation and migration. Plentiful in extracellular matrices, hyaluronic acid supports healthy tissue hydrodynamics, movement and production of cells, and promotes a number of cell surface receptor interactions. Because hylauronic acid is found mostly in the skin and cartilage, it supports joint health. It has also been suggested that hyaluronic acid promotes healthy cartilage cells.*
Hyaluronic acid may also be used to promote healing of minor tissue injuries.*
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 200 mg
Around 90 percent of vitamin C in the average American diet is derived from fruits and vegetables. Peppers (sweet, green, red and hot) are especially rich in vitamin C. Other good sources include citrus fruits and juices, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, collards, mustard greens, broccoli, spinach, guava, kiwi fruit, currants and strawberries. Nuts and grains contain very little vitamin C, and it is important to note that cooking destroys vitamin C activity.
Vitamin C supports the immune system, and acts as an antioxidant. In fact, ascorbic acid may be the most important water-soluble antioxidant in the body. Vitamin C promotes the normal synthesis of collagen, promotes minor healing and helps to maintain cholesterol levels.*
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 1,000 IU
Regular sunlight exposure is the main way that most humans obtain vitamin D. Food sources of vitamin D include vitamin D-fortified milk (100 IU per cup), cod liver oil, fatty fish (such as salmon) and small amounts are found in egg yolks and liver.* Vitamin D promotes optimal blood sugar levels. Vitamin D promotes the absorption of calcium and phosphorus and supports the production of several proteins involved in calcium absorption and storage. Vitamin D works with calcium to promote bone strength. It promotes the normal transport of calcium out of the osteoblasts into the extra-cellular fluid and in the kidneys. It promotes calcium and phosphate re-uptake by renal tubules. Vitamin D also promotes the absorption of dietary calcium and phosphate uptake by the intestinal epithelium. It supports the normal growth of skin cells, and it promotes the normal production of insulin.*
Vitamin E Acetate (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl-Acetate) 33 mg
The most valuable sources of dietary vitamin E include vegetable oils, margarine, nuts, seeds, avocados and wheat germ. Safflower oil contains large amounts of vitamin E (about two thirds of the RDA in ¼ cup), and smaller amounts are found in corn oil and soybean oil. Vitamin E is actually a family of related compounds called tocopherols and tocotrienols. Vitamin E was discovered in the early 1930s. It is available in a natural or synthetic form. In most cases, the natural and synthetic form of vitamins and minerals are identical. However, the natural form of Vitamin E is superior, in terms of absorption and retention in the body. The natural form of alpha-tocopherol, known as d-alpha tocopherol, is contained in Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend. The synthetic form is the most common form found in dietary supplements. It is in the consumer's best interest to choose a product, which has opted for the more powerful (and expensive) natural form. For those individuals watching their dietary fat consumption, which is relatively common in the world of dieting, vitamin E intake is likely to be low, due to a reduced intake of foods with a higher fat content.* The health benefits of supplemental vitamin E are derived from its properties as an immune-boosting antioxidant. Vitamin E protects cell membranes from free radical damage. It is also helpful in promoting normal wound healing and is known to help maintain a healthy cardiovascular system. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful fat-soluble antioxidants in the body. High servings of vitamin E have been shown to promote normal platelet activity.*
Biotin 150 mcg
Biotin is a part of the B-vitamin family. The B-vitamins are important co-factors, which promote the normal metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and protein. Natural food sources of biotin include egg yolk, peanuts, beef liver, milk (10 mcg/cup), cereals, almonds and Brewer's yeast. Biotin operates as an important part of several enzymes, acting as a co-enzyme implicated in energy metabolism (such as pyruvate carboxylase). In the intestines, bacteria makes a negligible amount of biotin that may be assimilated and used by the body. The main roles of Biotin include promoting strong hair and nails, increasing energy levels, helping maintain normal cholesterol levels and promoting healthy blood sugar levels.*
Calcium (Lactate) 400 mg
Calcium is found in milk, cheese, yogurt, corn tortillas, napa (Chinese cabbage), kale and broccoli. Calcium is an essential mineral with a wide range of biological roles. Calcium exists in bone, primarily in the form of hydroxyapatite (Ca10 (PO4)6 (OH)2). Hydroxyapatite comprises approximately 40 percent of the weight of bone. The skeleton has an obvious structural requisite for calcium. The skeleton also acts as a storehouse for calcium. Apart from being a major constituent of bones and teeth, calcium supports normal muscle contraction and nerve conduction, supports normal heartbeat, blood coagulation and glandular secretion, promotes the production of energy and helps maintain normal immune function.*
Calcium is essential for healthy bones and teeth. A sufficient daily calcium intake is necessary for maintaining bone density. Calcium has been shown to reduce symptoms of PMS in women. When the body does not get enough calcium per day, it draws calcium from the bones causing them to weaken. This could lead to the osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is the age-related weakening of the bones.
Calcium also may play a role in promoting cardiovascular health.*
Magnesium (Carbonate) 150 mg
Foods rich in magnesium include unpolished grains, nuts and green vegetables. Green leafy vegetables are powerful sources of magnesium because of their chlorophyll content. Meats, starches and milk are less rich sources of magnesium. Refined and processed foods are generally quite low in magnesium. The average daily magnesium intake in the U.S. for males nine years and older is estimated to be about 323 milligrams; for females nine years and older, it is estimated to be around 228 milligrams.*
Magnesium is a component of the mineralized part of bone, and it promotes the normal metabolism of potassium and calcium in adults. It helps maintain normal levels of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, adrenaline and insulin. It also promotes the mobilization of calcium, transporting it inside the cell for further utilization. It plays a key role in promoting the proper functioning of muscle and nervous tissue, and it supports the synthesis of proteins, nucleic acids, nucleotides, cyclic adenosine monophosphate, lipids and carbohydrates. Magnesium further promotes kidney and bladder health.*
Magnesium is required for release of energy, it supports normal body temperature and metabolism regulation, promotes proper nerve function, and helps the body adapt to stress. Magnesium promotes strong bones and teeth and proper muscle development. It helps the body maintain a regular heartbeat and normal blood pressure, promotes normal platelet activity and helps maintain normal cholesterol levels.*
Potassium (Bicarbonate) 97 mg
Foods rich in potassium include fresh vegetables and fruits such as bananas, oranges, cantaloupe, avocado, raw spinach, cabbage and celery.
Potassium is an essential macro-mineral that helps maintain fluid balance. It supports the normal transmission of nerve impulses, the normal contraction of cardiac, skeletal and smooth muscle, the production of energy, the synthesis of nucleic acids, the maintenance of intracellular tonicity and the maintenance of normal blood pressure. Potassium promotes normal synthesis of glycogen and protein. Potassium is an electrolyte that promotes proper heartbeat, and it supports the proper release of energy from protein, fat and carbohydrates during metabolism.*
Potassium promotes joint health and promotes the normal healing of minor cuts and bruises and other injuries, and generally contributes to a sense of well being. Potassium is stored in the muscles. Sodium and potassium are two of the most important ions in maintaining the homeostatic equilibrium of the body fluids.
- Bayeta, E., et al. Pycnogenol inhibits generation of inflammatory mediators in macrophages. Nutrition Research 20: 249-259, 2000.
- Blazsó, G., et al. Anti-inflammatory and superoxide radical scavenging activities of a procyanidins containing extract from the bark of Pinus pinaster Sol. and its fractions. Pharm Pharmacol Lett 3: 217-20, 1994.
- Cho, K., et al. Effect of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus maritima on proinflammatory cytokine interlukin-1 production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264. 7. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 168: 64-71, 2000.
- Cho, K., et al. Inhibition mechanisms of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus maritima on the expression of proinflammatory cytokines. Annals of the NY Academy of Sciences 928: 141-156, 2001.
- Devaraj, S., et al. Supplementation with a pine bark extract rich in polyphenols increases plasma antioxidant capacity and alters the plasma lipoprotein profile. Lipids 37:931-4, 2002.
- Fine, AM, Oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes: history, structure, and phytopharmaceutical applications. Altern Med Rev 5:144-51, 2000.
- Fitzpatrick, D., et al. Endothelium-dependent vascular effects of Pycnogenol. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 32: 509-515, 1998.
- Frankel, E., et al. Inhibition of oxidation of human low-density lipoprotein by phenolic substances in red wine. Lancet 341: 454-7, 1993.
- Freedman, J., et al. Select flavonoids and whole juice from purple grapes inhibit platelet function and enhance nitric oxide release. Circulation 103:2792-8, 2001.
- Frémont, L. Biological effects of resveratrol. Life Sciences 66: 663-673, 2000.
- Gulati, O. Pycnogenol® in venous disorders: a review. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 1-13, 1999.
- Hosseini, S., et al. Pycnogenol® in the management of asthma. Journal of Medicinal Food 4: 201-209, 2001.
- Kohama, T., et al. The treatment of gynecological disorders with Pycnogenol®. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 30-32, 1999.
- Kohama, T., et al. Analgesic efficacy of French maritime pine bark extract in dysmenorrhea. Journal of Reproductive Medicine 49: 828-32, 2004.
- Liu, X., et al. Antidiabetic effect of Pycnogenol French maritime pine bark extract in patients with diabetes type II. Life Sci 75:2505-13, 2004.
- Liu, X., et al. French maritime pine bark extract pycnogenol dose-dependently lowers glucose in type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care 27: 839, 2004.
- Manna, S., et al. Resveratrol suppresses TNF-Induced activation of nuclear transcription factors NF-kB, activator protein-1, and apoptosis: potential role of reactive oxygen intermediates and lipid peroxidation. The Journal of Immunology 164: 6509-19, 2000.
- Maritim, A., et al. Effects of pycnogenol treatment on oxidative stress in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 17:193-9, 2003.
- Miyagi, Y., et al. Inhibition of human low-density lipoprotein oxidation by flavonoids in red wine and grape juice. Am J Cardiol 0:1627-31, 1997.
- Monograph. Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry). Altern Med Rev 6:500-4, 2001.
- Murias M., et al. Resveratrol analogues as selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors: synthesis and structure-activity relationship. Bioorg Med Chem 12: 5571-8, 2004.
- Nuttall SL, Kendall MJ, Bombardelli E, Morazzoni P. An evaluation of the antioxidant activity of a standardized grape seed extract, Leucoselect. J Clin Pharm Ther 23: 385-89, 1998.
- Packer, L., et al. Antioxidant activity and biologic properties of a procyanidin-rich extract from pine (Pinus maritima) bark, pycnogenol. Free Radic Biol Med 27:704-24, 1999. Review.
- Rohdewald, P. A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®), a herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 40:158-68, 2002. Review.
- Rohdewald, P. Pycnogenol®. In “Flavonoids in Health and Disease”. Ed. Catherine Rice-Evans and Lester Packer. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1998. 405-19.
- Roseff, S., et al. Improvement in sperm quality and function with French maritime pine tree bark extract. Journal Reproductive Medicine 47: 821-4, 2002.
- Roseff, S., et al. Improvement of sperm quality by Pycnogenol®. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 33-6, 1999.
- Saito, M., et al. Antiulcer activity of grape seed extract and procyanidins. J Agric Food Chem 46: 1460-4, 1998.
- Schönlau, F., et al. Pycnogenol® for diabetic retinopathy. International Ophthalmology 24: 161-171, 2002.
- Schönlau, F., et al. The cosmeceutical Pycnogenol®. J Appl Cosmetology 20: 241-6, 2002.
- Segger, D. and Schönlau, F. Supplementation with Evelle® improves skin smoothness and elasticity in a double blind, placebo-controlled study with 62 women. Journal of Dermatological Treatment 15:222-26, 2004.
- Shi, J., et al. Polyphenolics in grape seeds-biochemistry and functionality. J Med Food 6:291-9, 2003. Review.
- Sharma, S., et al. Pycnogenol® inhibits the release of histamine from mast cells. Phytotherapy Research 17: 66-69, 2003.
- Spadea, L., et al. Treatment of vascular retinopathies with Pycnogenol®. Phytotherapy Research 15: 219-23, 2001.
- Stein, J., et al. Purple grape juice improves endothelial function and reduces the susceptibility of LDL cholesterol to oxidation in patients with coronary artery disease. Circulation 100:1050-5, 1999.
- Takada, Y., et al. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents differ in their ability to suppress NF-kappaB activation, inhibition of expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and cyclin D1, and abrogation of tumor cell proliferation. Oncogene 23: 9247-58, 2004.
- Ueda, T., et al. Preventative effect of natural and synthetic antioxidants on lipid peroxidation in the mammalian eye. Ophthalmic Res 28: 184-92, 1996.
- Wallerath, T., et al. Resveratrol, a polyphenolic phytoalexin present in red wine, enhances expression and activity of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Circulation 106:1652-8, 2002.
- Watson, R. Pycnogenol® and cardiovascular health. Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine 1: 27-32, 2003.
- Wei, Z., et al. Pycnogenol enhances endothelial cell antioxidant defense. Redox Report 3: 219-24, 1997.
- Yamakoshi, J., et al. Proanthocyanidin-rich extract from grape seeds attenuates the development of aortic atherosclerosis in cholesterol-fed rabbits. Atherosclerosis 142:139-149, 1999.
- Ames, BN, et al. Oxidants, antioxidants, and the degenerative diseases of aging. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90:7915-7922, 1993.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Oxygen free radical scavenging abilities of vitamins C and E, and a grape seed proanthocyanidin extract in vitro. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 95:179-89, 1997.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Free radicals and grape seed proanthocyanidin extract: importance in human health and disease prevention. Toxicology 148: 187-97, 2000.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Cellular protection with proanthocyanidins derived from grape seed. Ann NY Acad Sci 957:260-70, 2002.
- Cao G, Alessio H, Cultler R. Oxygen-radical absorbance capacity assay for antioxidants. Fre Rad Biol & Med 14:301-11, 1993.
- Drew B, Leeuwenburgh C. Aging and the role of reactive nitrogen species. Ann NY Acad Sci 959:66-81, 2002.
- Gibson, L, et al. Effectiveness of cranberry juice in preventing urinary tract infections in long-term care facility patients. J Naturopathic Med 2:45-47, 1991.
- Graham DY, Smith JL, Bouvet, AA. What happens to tablets in the stomach. J Pharm Sci 79:420-24, 1990.
- Havsteen B. Flavonoids, a class of natural products of high pharmacological potency. Biochem Pharm 32:1141-48, 1983.
- Halpern, MJ, et al. Red wine polyphenols and inhibition of platelet aggregation: possible mechanisms, and potential use in health promotion and disease prevention. J Int Med Res 26:171-80, 1998.
- Joseph JA, Shukitt-Hale B, Denisova NA, Bielinksi D, Martin A, McEwen JJ, Bickford PC. Reversals of age-related declines in neuronal signal transduction, cognitive, and motor behavioral deficits with blueberry, spinach, or strawberry dietary supplementation. J Neuroscience 19: 8114-21, 1999.
- Kay CD, Holub BJ. The effect of wild blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) on post-prandial serum antioxidant status in human subjects. Br J Nutr 88: 389-98, 2002.
- Kehrer JP. Free radicals as mediators of tissue injury and disease. Crit Rev Toxicol 23:21-48, 1993.
- Koch R. Comparative study of Venostatin and Pycnogenol in chronic venous insufficiency. Phytother Res 16:S1-5, 2002.
- Koparker AD, Augsburger LL, Shangraw RF. Intrinsic dissolution rates of tablet fillers and binders and their influence on the dissolution of drugs from tablet formulations. Pharm Res 7:80-85, 1990.
- Mazza G, Kay CD, Cottrell T, Holub BJ. Absorption of anthocyanins from blueberries and serum antioxidant status in human subjects. J Agric Food Chem 50:7731-37, 2002.
- Nesaretnam K, et al. Effect of tocotrienols on the growth of a human breast cancer cell line in culture. Lipids 30:1139-43, 1995.
- Ofek I, Goldhar J, Zafriri D, Lis H, Sharon N. Anti-Escherichia coli adhesion activity of cranberry and blueberry juices. New England J Med 324:1599, 1991.
- Qureshi, A, et al. Response of hypercholesterolemic subjects to administration of tocotrienols. Lipids 30:1171-77, 1995.
- Rimbach G, Virgili F, Park YC, Packer L. Effect of procyanidins from Pinus maritime on glutathione levels in endothelial cells challenged by 3-morpholinosydnonimine or activated macrophages. Redox Rep 4:171-77, 1999.
- Sobota AE. Inhibition of bacterial adherence by cranberry juice: powerfulial use for the treatment of urinary tract infactions. J Urology 131:1013-1016, 1984.
- Soloway MS, Smith RA. J Am Med Assoc 260:1465, 1988.
- Tomco, A, et al. Antioxidant effects of tocotrienol in patients with hyperlipidemia and carotid stenosis. Lipids 30: 1179-83, 1995.
- Zheng W, Wang SY. Oxygen radical absorbing capacity of phenolics in blueberries, cranberries, chokeberries, and lingonberries. J Agric Food Chem 51:502-9, 2003.
What is Isotonix OPC-3® Beauty Blend? What exactly does it do?
Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend is a revolutionary product that helps to improve and maintain the appearance of healthy, beautiful skin from the inside out. It uses the most powerful free-radical-scavenging antioxidants known to date. The purest and best-researched OPCs chosen for Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend are derived from grapes, bilberries, Pycnogenol® (pine bark) and citrus-fruit. These have the highest total polyphenol content. In addition to being powerful antioxidants, these OPCs also promote skin health. These powerful bioflavanoids are considered many times more powerful than vitamins C and E as free radical scavengers. They do, however, work well with both vitamin C and E.*
Antioxidants found in Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend scavenge free radicals within cells and promote optimal cellular functioning. The OPCs support your skin's natural ability to regenerate new epidermal cells, paving the way for true splendor in the way of skin beautification. Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend helps to replenish the skin's vitamins and minerals which promote the growth and division of skin cells. It promotes a strong vascular network in the skin, thus supporting the elasticity of the skin. It also supports collagen production, promotes joint health and supports nerve, muscle and skin cell function.*
This combination of powerful OPCs is unique to Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend as is the Isotonix delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of OPCs, vitamins and minerals.
Who should take Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend?
Who wouldn't want to be noticed for healthy-looking skin, especially when it's cultivated at the cellular level where it really counts? All of us are constantly in contact with an environment that can be quite stressful upon the delicate nature of our skin. Everyone should take precautions against the effects of stress, aging and the environment when it comes to maintaining skin health. This product should be taken by anyone over the age of 18 who wants to look, feel and perform at their best, enabling them to reveal their beauty from the inside out.*
Can men take Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend?
Yes, this product is for anyone who wants to maintain healthy, youthful-looking skin.*
What is Pycnogenol?
Pycnogenol is the trademark of Horphag Research (UK) Ltd. for a standardized extract of bark of the French maritime pine tree. Pycnogenol is renowned for its extensive clinical research with more than 120 studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals. The flavonoids in Pycnogenol are powerful as antioxidants, and they promote cardiovascular health, support normal platelet activity and support healthy blood circulation and blood pressure.*
When can I expect results?
Within minutes after consumption of Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend, the proanthocyanidins are delivered to the blood stream where they immediately take action, supporting healthy blood flow. OPC-3 Beauty Blend supports healthy blood perfusion all-over the body, which helps promote a healthy oxygen and nutrient supply as well as healthy waste removal.
OPCs support collagen production in the skin, which increases smoothness and elasticity. It requires patience until skin cells have renewed significant amounts of collagen to show visible effects. Take Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend to keep skin cells at their peak vitality.
On a short-term basis, many people notice a fresher-looking skin complexion.*
What is Isotonix OPC-3?
Isotonix OPC-3 is a dietary supplement that bears some of the most powerful bioflavonoids currently known to research scientists. These bioflavonoids are scientifically termed oligomeric proanthocyanidins, commonly abbreviated OPCs. The purest and best-researched OPCs chosen for OPC-3 are prepared from grape seed, red wine, bilberries, Pycnogenol from pine bark and citrus fruit. This combination of powerful OPCs is unique to OPC-3, as is the Isotonix delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of the OPCs. Isotonix OPC-3 has been shown to provide a variety of health benefits including but not limited to combating free radicals, demonstrating anti-inflammatory activity, helping maintain healthy cholesterol levels, helping maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins, helping maintain joint flexibility, helping promote/support cardiovascular health, helping reduce mild menstrual cramping, helping support visual health/visual acuity, scavenging free radicals, promoting/supporting healthy blood vessel dilation, promoting/supporting healthy nitric oxide levels, supporting a healthy complexion, supporting healthy blood glucose levels, supporting healthy platelet activity and supporting healthy sperm quality.*
What is a bioflavonoid?
Bioflavonoids are complex organic plant compounds. Plants and fruits differ in colors based on the specific bioflavonoids they contain. An increasing number of clinical studies have shown how bioflavonoids support health. Bioflavonoids found in OPCs play a key role in cardiovascular health and maintaining vascular integrity. Bioflavonoids have been shown to demonstrate support for healthy circulation and cell vitality. Normal collagen renewal is promoted, which supports firmness of the skin, joint cartilage and connective tissue.
What sets Isotonix OPC-3 apart from other bioflavonoid products?
Isotonix OPC-3 offers scientifically supported OPCs, found to be the most powerful antioxidants for human health. In addition to being powerful antioxidants, these individual OPCs have been shown to provide a myriad of specific health benefits. This science-driven selection of OPCs is unique to OPC-3, as is the Isotonix delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of the OPCs. The powerful nutrients, in combination with the highly effective delivery system, makes OPC-3 the most powerful free radical scavenging product available.*
Is Isotonix OPC-3 safe?
Yes. OPCs are among the most valuable constituents of a healthy human diet. OPCs have been researched and used for over 30 years throughout Europe. Extensive safety studies were conducted which revealed no evidence for human toxicity or allergic reactions. OPC-3 contains pure OPCs in combination with carefully balanced quantities of potassium and fructose/glucose, which set up the isotonic delivery system. OPC-3 is free of harmful chemicals, preservatives and alcohol. OPC-3 should be taken as directed.
How long does it take to benefit from Isotonix OPC-3?
OPC-3 not only provides the most powerful OPCs available, the unique Isotonix delivery system ensures that the small intestine rapidly absorbs the OPCs, which are available in the blood stream within minutes. This is because the OPCs are delivered in liquid form. The liquid is isotonic, which means it duplicates the environment in our cells and blood stream regarding pH, electrolytes, etc. This enables the OPCs to enter the body easily and with a high level of bioavailability. Because of the rapid absorbability, the body should benefit from Isotonix OPC-3 almost immediately.
What is the advantage of taking Isotonix OPC-3 regularly?
Many effects of OPC-3 start to work after a single serving. Studies with human volunteers have found that the health benefits of OPCs may take a while to occur. This may be the case for health concerns resulting from everyday wear and tear, where time simply has taken its toll. Taking Isotonix OPC-3 daily enables the body to sustain a consistent antioxidant defense.
Why should everyone take Isotonix OPC-3?
Everyone is subject to free-radical damage and oxidative stress. Free radicals develop as byproducts of physiological processes that occur within the body. This damage does not cause noticeable harm at first, yet may add up over the years. This process is largely responsible for the aging process. Free radicals have been linked directly to premature aging, poor circulation, poor heart health and poor immune health.
OPCs are the most powerful natural free radical neutralizers, and you get the best of all OPCs by taking Isotonix OPC-3. Regular use every day is vital for keeping free radicals in check and a long, healthy life. Laboratory studies have shown that OPCs are more powerful antioxidants than vitamin C and vitamin E.
Can you take Isotonix OPC-3 in soda, juice, coffee, etc., rather than water?
It is possible but not recommended. This product should only be taken as directed. In order to keep the product in an isotonic form and to achieve the maximum delivery speed, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach with 2 fl. oz. of water per capful. Mixing the products with anything else besides other Isotonix products and water slows down the delivery time and may affect the percentage of uptake.
I am healthy and athletic; why should I take Isotonix OPC-3?
Everyone is vulnerable to the aging process caused by continuous free radical damage. Athletes tend to be exposed to elevated levels of oxidative stress. Free radicals develop as byproducts during metabolism when calories are processed with oxygen. Athletes inhale 10 to 20 times more oxygen during physical activity over rest periods. The increase in activity creates additional free radicals. In fact, these free radicals are known to limit performance, as free radicals appear to take their toll on muscle tissue. Studies on recreational athletes have shown a 20 percent endurance increase with OPCs, as compared to a control group receiving a placebo. Another study has shown that athletes using OPCs suffered significantly less muscle cramping during and after performing. Isotonix OPC-3 helps to maintain healthy blood flow and this supports oxygen supply to muscles.*
Does OPC-3 have visible benefits?
As OPCs support collagen production in the skin, an increase of smoothness and support of elasticity is the natural result. Such an effect was objectively measured in women aged 40 years and older. Skin smoothness was increased after three months as measured by three-dimensional topography. It requires patience to show visible effects. It is essential to continuously take OPC-3 to keep skin cells at their peak vitality.*
On a short-term basis, many people notice a fresher-looking skin complexion. This is a result of healthy blood microcirculation, which helps detoxify the skin and improves the nutrient supply. Regular use of OPC-3 helps defy photo-aging of the skin.*
Does OPC-3 have a rejuvenating effect?
The damage caused by free radicals adds up with time. A cause for more worry is the fact that your body's own mechanisms to keep free radicals in check decline with increasing age — when you need them the most. Suddenly, we find ourselves confronted with some typical age-related problems. Some cells of our body are more vulnerable to free radicals than others. OPC-3 has the ability to go in and do a knockout job, cleaning and scavenging the free radicals that feast on cellular energy, and take it away from vital processes.*
What are the cardiovascular health benefits of OPCs?
Scientist Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, who received the Nobel Prize for the discovery of vitamin C, discovered OPCs. Szent-Györgyi found that OPCs work in a similar fashion. They strengthen the walls of arteries, veins and capillaries.*
In the past 20 years, scientists discovered that OPCs bear a lot more benefits for the cardiovascular system. Epidemiological studies have shown that regular intake of powerful OPC antioxidants supports a healthy cardiovascular system. OPCs appear to be particularly helpful in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and healthy arteries.*
Pycnogenol in Isotonix OPC-3 plays a key role, as it promotes healthy nitric oxide (NO) levels. NO is a tiny molecule which serves as a key messenger molecule in the blood stream. It promotes relaxation of smooth muscle-surrounding arteries and supports normal artery diameter and blood flow. Healthy NO levels help maintain normal blood pressure. This benefit has been explicitly demonstrated with Pycnogenol in two clinical studies. NO also promotes healthy blood platelet activity thus preserving a normal, fluid environment. OPCs are especially helpful for smokers. OPC-3 packs a powerful punch when it comes to maintaining excellent cardiovascular health.*
How can OPC-3 help my eyes?
Loss of eyesight is the disability people fear more than all others. Isotonix OPC-3 contains specific OPCs successfully tested for eye health.*
Bilberry extract was shown to help maintain overall eye health in the vast majority of people in a study.*
Pycnogenol has been shown to support healthy capillaries in the eye. Isotonix OPC-3 helps maintain visual health and supports visual acuity.*
Does OPC-3 have benefits specifically for women?
Some OPCs were shown in clinical trials to help women who suffer from mild pain and cramping during the menstrual period. When women were supplemented with OPCs, starting at least a week before their menstrual period, pain values were found to be significantly lowered.
What exactly is Pycnogenol?
Pycnogenol is the registered trademark of Horphag Research (UK) Ltd. for a standardized extract of bark of the French maritime pine tree. Pycnogenol is particularly renowned for its extensive clinical research with more than 120 studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals. The flavonoids in Pycnogenol not only act as powerful antioxidants, they also appear to promote the normal generation of nitric oxide (NO). NO plays a key role in regulating cardiovascular health. Nitric oxide promotes the normal relaxation of arteries, supports normal diameter of blood vessels and supports helps maintain healthy blood pressure and circulation. NO promotes normal platelet activity allowing the blood to maintain a normal, fluid viscosity. Pycnogenol has been awarded various patents for its ability to support healthy platelet activity.*
How do I take OPC-3?
Each capful of Isotonix OPC-3 contains 125 milligrams of bioflavonoids, of which 75 milligrams are oligomeric proanthocyanidins in an isotonic-capable base. That means that the OPC-3 active ingredients will be delivered in the highest concentration to the small intestine, where most absorption of nutrients occurs.
To start using Isotonix OPC-3 for its benefit as an antioxidant and free radical scavenger, take two level capfuls for every 150 pounds of body weight for the first seven days. This is referred to as the saturation serving. Then, switch to a daily serving of one capful, per 150 pounds of body weight, as a maintenance dose. For example, if you weigh 190 pounds, you would take three servings of Isotonix OPC-3 per day for seven days, and then switch to two servings per day for long-term health maintenance.*
Isotonix OPC-3 has a pleasant natural grape flavor, is a vegetarian product and mixes instantly when added to water. This product should be taken on an empty stomach for the fastest, most effective delivery of the active ingredient. OPC-3 is a natural food supplement that should be taken for a lifetime.
What is the history of OPCs?
In 1534, French explorer Jacques Cartier was leading an expedition up the St. Lawrence River. Trapped by bad weather, Cartier and his crew were forced to survive on a ration of salted meat and biscuits. Cartier's crew began to suffer from severe deficiency of vitamin C and showed symptoms of scurvy. Many crewmembers died before the surviving members encountered a friendly Native American who saved most of their lives. He told them to make a tea from the bark and needles of the pine tree to cure their malady. They complied and, as a result, Cartier and many crewmembers survived.
Some 400 years later, Professor Jacques Masquelier of the University of Bordeaux, France, read a book by Cartier detailing their expedition. He concluded that pine bark not only contained some vitamin C, but obviously was a good source of bioflavonoids, whose effects are similar to those of vitamin C. Further studies and research revealed that the pine bark contained an array of proanthocyanidins complexes. These compounds were also found in a variety of plants, including grape seeds, cranberries, peanut skin, lemon tree bark and citrus rinds. Masquelier termed the active ingredients of the pine bark "pycnogenols", which today are referred to in the scientific community as oligomeric proanthocyanidins, or OPCs.