Isotonix® OPC-3 for Adults & Children
Antioxidants aren’t just important for adults; they also provide astounding benefits for growing children. Sometimes it’s difficult for children to get complete antioxidant protection from their typical diet, especially if they are picky eaters. That’s why we’re proud to offer one of the most complete, most effective antioxidant products available for both adults and children — Isotonix OPC-3. Isotonix OPC-3 is an isotonic-capable food supplement that is made from a combination of bilberry, grape seed, red wine, and pine bark extracts, and citrus extract bioflavonoids — all found to be potent antioxidants.
Moms, dads and paediatricians understand how difficult it is to ensure children get the nutrients they need. That’s why Market United Kingdom is proud to offer Isotonix OPC-3 — perfect for helping children get the power of Pycnogenol®† in a delicious supplement. In children’s nutrition, Isotonix OPC-3 is in a class of its own, providing a delicious and comprehensive formula, which is easy to take and great for those who have difficulty swallowing tablets. With Isotonix OPC-3, parents and paediatricians can feel confident they are not only providing an easy-to-take supplement, but one that is nutritious and good for the entire family.
Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) are bioflavonoids (complex organic plant compounds) found in fruits, vegetables and certain tree barks that provide exceptional nutritional benefits to the human body. Studies have shown OPCs to be up to 20 times more powerful than vitamin C and 50 times more powerful than vitamin E in neutralising free radicals.
Isotonix OPC-3 supports adult and children’s health using amazing ingredients, including the highly-researched, clinically-studied plant extract Pycnogenol.
While there are many options on the market today to help support a family’s nutritional needs, it’s important to choose a supplement not only with the best formula, but with the best delivery system! Isotonix OPC-3 uses the revolutionary Isotonix delivery system, which ensures maximum delivery of active ingredients at full potency. Isotonix dietary supplements create a concentrated, isotonic solution that matches perfectly to the body’s absorption pathways and are buffered to be gentle. Isotonix products provide maximum absorption, value and effectiveness.
†Pycnogenol is the registered trademark of Horphag Research Ltd.
- Recommended for adults and children
- Contains Pycnogenol® (French maritime pine bark extract), which is the most clinically researched and potent bioflavonoid with more than 120 studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals
- Contains grape seed, red wine, bilberry and citrus extracts
- Naturally flavoured supplement adults and children will love
- Easy-to-take, once a day formula for the entire family to enjoy
- Isotonic formula ideal for everyone who has difficulty swallowing tablets
- This vegetarian product contains no added wheat, soy, yeast, gluten, artificial flavour, colouring, salt, preservatives or milk (lactose)
- Offered with the fastest and most efficient delivery system of all nutraceuticals with Isotonix
- Produced to high GMP (Good Manufacturing Practises) quality standards
A unique combination of five bioflavonoids, one of which is the most clinically researched pine bark extract, Pycnogenol®, Isotonix OPC-3 has been clinically studied proving its bioavailability and effectiveness. Many antioxidants claim Pycnogenol® as an ingredient, but Isotonix OPC-3 has the only isotonic form of Pycnogenol® in the world, Studies have shown OPCs to be up to 20 times more powerful than vitamin C and 50 times more powerful than vitamin E in neutralising free radicals. Only Isotonix offers supplements in an isotonic delivery system, providing maximum nutrient absorption to help you feel your best. Pycnogenol is the registered trademark of Horphag Research (UK) Ltd.. Pycnogenol is particularly renowned for its extensive clinical research with more than 120 studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals. Pycnogenol has been awarded various patents for its ability to support healthy platelet activity.*These products are not manufactured or distributed by Market (United Kingdom) Ltd, and all associated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol®)
Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract from the bark of the French maritime pine tree, which grows exclusively along the coast of southwest France in Les Landes de Gascogne. This unspoiled and natural forest environment is the unique source of pine bark. Pycnogenol is one of the most researched ingredients in the natural product marketplace. Published findings have demonstrated Pycnogenol’s wide array of beneficial effects on the body. Pine bark extract is an all-natural combination of procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids.
Grape Seed Extract
Grape seed extract is typically extracted from the seeds of red grapes, which have a high content of compounds known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs). Grape seed extract is extremely rich in polyphenols.
Red Wine Extract
Red wine extract is a potent antioxidant. This extract is found in grape vines, roots, seeds and stalks, with the highest concentration in the skins.
In the late 1990s, scientists took note of a phenomenon among the French. There were very low rates of cardiovascular problems in the provinces where residents consistently ate high fat foods and drank red wine. Scientists concluded that the protective properties of red wine have helped the French maintain cardiovascular health for years, and subsequent scientific studies have further shown that the OPCs found in red wine are particularly beneficial for protecting the heart and blood vessels.
Bilberry extract is derived from the leaves and berry-like fruit of a common European shrub closely related to the blueberry. Extracts of the ripe berry are known to contain flavonoid pigments known as anthocyanins.
Citrus Extract (Bioflavonoids)
Bioflavonoids are complex organic plant compounds that act as light filters. Plants and fruits differ in colours based on the specific bioflavonoids they contain.
- Ames, BN, et al. Oxidants, antioxidants, and the degenerative diseases of aging. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90:7915-7922, 1993.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Oxygen free radical scavenging abilities of vitamins C and E, and a grape seed proanthocyanidin extract in vitro. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 95:179-89, 1997.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Free radicals and grape seed proanthocyanidin extract: importance in human health and disease prevention. Toxicology 148: 187-97, 2000.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Cellular protection with proanthocyanidins derived from grape seed. Ann NY Acad Sci 957:260-70, 2002.
- Bayeta, E., et al. Pycnogenol inhibits generation of inflammatory mediators in macrophages. Nutrition Research 20: 249-259, 2000.
- Blazsó, G., et al. Anti-inflammatory and superoxide radical scavenging activities of a procyanidins containing extract from the bark of Pinus pinaster Sol. and its fractions. Pharm Pharmacol Lett 3: 217-20, 1994.
- Cao G, Alessio H, Cultler R. Oxygen-radical absorbance capacity assay for antioxidants. Fre Rad Biol & Med 14:301-11, 1993.
- Chovanova Z, Muchova J, Sivonova M, Dvorakova M, Zitnanova I, Waczulikova I, Trebaticka J, Skodacek I, Durackova Z. Effect of polyphenolic extract, Pycnogenol, on the level of 8-oxoguanine in children suffering from attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Free Radical Research 2006; 40(9):1003-1010.
- Cho, K., et al. Effect of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus maritima on proinflammatory cytokine interlukin-1 production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264. 7. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 168: 64-71, 2000.
- Cho, K., et al. Inhibition mechanisms of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus maritima on the expression of proinflammatory cytokines. Annals of the NY Academy of Sciences 928: 141-156, 2001.
- Devaraj, S., et al. Supplementation with a pine bark extract rich in polyphenols increases plasma antioxidant capacity and alters the plasma lipoprotein profile. Lipids 37:931-4, 2002.
- Drew B, Leeuwenburgh C. Aging and the role of reactive nitrogen species. Ann NY Acad Sci 959:66-81, 2002.
- Dvorakova M, Jezova D, Blazicek P, Trebaticka J, Skodacek I, Suba J, Iveta W, Rohdewald P, Durackova Z. Urinary catecholamines in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): modulation by a polyphenolic extract from pine bark (pycnogenol). Nutritional Neuroscience 2007; 10(3-4):151-157.
- Dvorakova M, Sivonova M, Trebaticka J, Skodacek I, Waczulikova I, Muchova J, Durackova Z. The effect of polyphenolic extract from pine bark , Pycnogenol, on the level of glutathione in children suffering from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Redox Report 2006; 11(4):163-172.
- Fine, AM, Oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes: history, structure, and phytopharmaceutical applications. Altern Med Rev 5:144-51, 2000.
- Fitzpatrick, D., et al. Endothelium-dependent vascular effects of Pycnogenol. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 32: 509-515, 1998.
- Frankel, E., et al. Inhibition of oxidation of human low-density lipoprotein by phenolic substances in red wine. Lancet 341: 454-7, 1993.
- Freedman, J., et al. Select flavonoids and whole juice from purple grapes inhibit platelet function and enhance nitric oxide release. Circulation 103:2792-8, 2001.
- Frémont, L. Biological effects of resveratrol. Life Sciences 66: 663-673, 2000.
- Gibson, L, et al. Effectiveness of cranberry juice in preventing urinary tract infections in long-term care facility patients. J Naturopathic Med 2:45-47, 1991.
- Graham DY, Smith JL, Bouvet, AA. What happens to tablets in the stomach. J Pharm Sci 79:420-24, 1990.
- Gulati, O. Pycnogenol® in venous disorders: a review. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 1-13, 1999.
- Havsteen B. Flavonoids, a class of natural products of high pharmacological potency. Biochem Pharm 32:1141-48, 1983.
- Halpern, MJ, et al. Red wine polyphenols and inhibition of platelet aggregation: possible mechanisms, and potential use in health promotion and disease prevention. J Int Med Res 26:171-80, 1998.
- Hosseini, S., et al. Pycnogenol® in the management of asthma. Journal of Medicinal Food 4: 201-209, 2001. HHHh
- Joseph JA, Shukitt-Hale B, Denisova NA, Bielinksi D, Martin A, McEwen JJ, Bickford PC. Reversals of age-related declines in neuronal signal transduction, cognitive, and motor behavioral deficits with blueberry, spinach, or strawberry dietary supplementation. J Neuroscience 19: 8114-21, 1999.
- Kay CD, Holub BJ. The effect of wild blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) on post-prandial serum antioxidant status in human subjects. Br J Nutr 88: 389-98, 2002.
- Kehrer JP. Free radicals as mediators of tissue injury and disease. Crit Rev Toxicol 23:21-48, 1993.
- Koch R. Comparative study of Venostatin and Pycnogenol in chronic venous insufficiency. Phytother Res 16:S1-5, 2002.
- Kolacek M, Muchova J, Dvorakova M, Paduchova Z, Zitnanova I, Cierna I, Orszaghova Z, Szekyova D, Jajcaiova-Zednickova N, Kovacs L, Durackova Z. Effect of natural polyphenols (Pycnogenol) on oxidative stress markers in children suffering from Crohn’s disease – a pilot study. Free Radical Research 2013; 47(8):624.634.
- Koparker AD, Augsburger LL, Shangraw RF. Intrinsic dissolution rates of tablet fillers and binders and their influence on the dissolution of drugs from tablet formulations. Pharm Res 7:80-85, 1990.
- Kohama, T., et al. The treatment of gynecological disorders with Pycnogenol®. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 30-32, 1999.
- Kohama, T., et al. Analgesic efficacy of French maritime pine bark extract in dysmenorrhea. Journal of Reproductive Medicine 49: 828-32, 2004.
- Lau BH, Riesen SK, Truong KP, Law EW, Rohdewald P, Barreta RA. Pycnogenol as an adjunct in the management of childhood asthma. Journal of Asthma 2004; 41(8):825-832.
- Liu, X., et al. Antidiabetic effect of Pycnogenol French maritime pine bark extract in patients with diabetes type II. Life Sci 75:2505-13, 2004.
- Liu, X., et al. French maritime pine bark extract pycnogenol dose-dependently lowers glucose in type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care 27: 839, 2004.
- Manna, S., et al. Resveratrol suppresses TNF-Induced activation of nuclear transcription factors NF-kB, activator protein-1, and apoptosis: potential role of reactive oxygen intermediates and lipid peroxidation. The Journal of Immunology 164: 6509-19, 2000.
- Maritim, A., et al. Effects of pycnogenol treatment on oxidative stress in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 17:193-9, 2003.
- Mazza G, Kay CD, Cottrell T, Holub BJ. Absorption of anthocyanins from blueberries and serum antioxidant status in human subjects. J Agric Food Chem 50:7731-37, 2002.
- Miyagi, Y., et al. Inhibition of human low-density lipoprotein oxidation by flavonoids in red wine and grape juice. Am J Cardiol 0:1627-31, 1997.
- Monograph. Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry). Altern Med Rev 6:500-4, 2001.
- Murias M., et al. Resveratrol analogues as selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors: synthesis and structure-activity relationship. Bioorg Med Chem 12: 5571-8, 2004.
- Nesaretnam K, et al. Effect of tocotrienols on the growth of a human breast cancer cell line in culture. Lipids 30:1139-43, 1995.
- Nuttall SL, Kendall MJ, Bombardelli E, Morazzoni P. An evaluation of the antioxidant activity of a standardized grape seed extract, Leucoselect. J Clin Pharm Ther 23: 385-89, 1998.
- Ofek I, Goldhar J, Zafriri D, Lis H, Sharon N. Anti-Escherichia coli adhesion activity of cranberry and blueberry juices. New England J Med 324:1599, 1991.
- Packer, L., et al. Antioxidant activity and biologic properties of a procyanidin-rich extract from pine (Pinus maritima) bark, pycnogenol. Free Radic Biol Med 27:704-24, 1999. Review.
- Qureshi, A, et al. Response of hypercholesterolemic subjects to administration of tocotrienols. Lipids 30:1171-77, 1995.
- Rimbach G, Virgili F, Park YC, Packer L. Effect of procyanidins from Pinus maritime on glutathione levels in endothelial cells challenged by 3-morpholinosydnonimine or activated macrophages. Redox Rep 4:171-77, 1999.
- Rohdewald, P. A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®), a herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 40:158-68, 2002. Review.
- Rohdewald, P. Pycnogenol®. In “Flavonoids in Health and Disease”. Ed. Catherine Rice-Evans and Lester Packer. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1998. 405-19.
- Roseff, S., et al. Improvement in sperm quality and function with French maritime pine tree bark extract. Journal Reproductive Medicine 47: 821-4, 2002.
- Roseff, S., et al. Improvement of sperm quality by Pycnogenol®. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 33-6, 1999.
- Saito, M., et al. Antiulcer activity of grape seed extract and procyanidins. J Agric Food Chem 46: 1460-4, 1998.
- Schönlau, F., et al. Pycnogenol® for diabetic retinopathy. International Ophthalmology 24: 161-171, 2002.
- Schönlau, F., et al. The cosmeceutical Pycnogenol®. J Appl Cosmetology 20: 241-6, 2002.
- Segger, D. and Schönlau, F. Supplementation with Evelle® improves skin smoothness and elasticity in a double blind, placebo-controlled study with 62 women. Journal of Dermatological Treatment 15:222-26, 2004.
- Shi, J., et al. Polyphenolics in grape seeds-biochemistry and functionality. J Med Food 6:291-9, 2003. Review.
- Sharma, S., et al. Pycnogenol® inhibits the release of histamine from mast cells. Phytotherapy Research 17: 66-69, 2003.
- Sobota AE. Inhibition of bacterial adherence by cranberry juice: potential use for the treatment of urinary tract infactions. J Urology 131:1013-1016, 1984.
- Soloway MS, Smith RA. J Am Med Assoc 260:1465, 1988.
- Spadea, L., et al. Treatment of vascular retinopathies with Pycnogenol®. Phytotherapy Research 15: 219-23, 2001.
- Stein, J., et al. Purple grape juice improves endothelial function and reduces the susceptibility of LDL cholesterol to oxidation in patients with coronary artery disease. Circulation 100:1050-5, 1999.
- Takada, Y., et al. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents differ in their ability to suppress NF-kappaB activation, inhibition of expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and cyclin D1, and abrogation of tumor cell proliferation. Oncogene 23: 9247-58, 2004.
- Tomco, A, et al. Antioxidant effects of tocotrienol in patients with hyperlipidemia and carotid stenosis. Lipids 30: 1179-83, 1995.
- Trebaticka J, Kopasova S, Hradecna Z, Cinovsky K, Skodacek I, Suba J, Muchova J, Zitanova I, Waczulikova I, Rohdewald P, Durackova Z. Treatment of ADHD with French maritime pine bark extract, Pycnogenol. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2006; 15(6):329-335.
- Ueda, T., et al. Preventative effect of natural and synthetic antioxidants on lipid peroxidation in the mammalian eye. Ophthalmic Res 28: 184-92, 1996.
- Wallerath, T., et al. Resveratrol, a polyphenolic phytoalexin present in red wine, enhances expression and activity of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Circulation 106:1652-8, 2002.
- Watson, R. Pycnogenol® and cardiovascular health. Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine 1: 27-32, 2003.
- Wei, Z., et al. Pycnogenol enhances endothelial cell antioxidant defense. Redox Report 3: 219-24, 1997.
- Yamakoshi, J., et al. Proanthocyanidin-rich extract from grape seeds attenuates the development of aortic atherosclerosis in cholesterol-fed rabbits. Atherosclerosis 142:139-149, 1999.
- Zheng W, Wang SY. Oxygen radical absorbing capacity of phenolics in blueberries, cranberries, chokeberries, and lingonberries. J Agric Food Chem 51:502-9, 2003.
What is Isotonix OPC-3?
Isotonix OPC-3 is a food supplement that bears some of the most powerful bioflavonoids currently known to research scientists. These bioflavonoids are scientifically termed oligomeric proanthocyanidins, commonly abbreviated OPCs. The purest and best-researched OPCs chosen for OPC-3 are prepared from grape seed, red wine, bilberries, Pycnogenol from pine bark and citrus fruit. This combination of potent OPCs is unique to Isotonix OPC-3, as is the Isotonix delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of the OPCs.
What is the advantage of taking Isotonix OPC-3 regularly?
Many effects of OPC-3 start to work after a single serving. Studies with human volunteers have found that the health benefits of OPCs may take a while to occur. This may be the case for health concerns, resulting from every day wear and tear, where time simply has taken its toll.
Why should everyone take Isotonix OPC-3?
OPCs are the most powerful natural free radical neutralisers, and you get the best of all OPCs by taking Isotonix OPC-3. Regular use every day is vital for keeping free radicals in check and for a long, healthy life.
Why is Isotonix OPC-3 great for my children?
Our formula is a delicious and easy-to-take formula for the entire family, especially for fussy children. It is also ideal for anyone who wants key ingredients like Pycnogenol®, grape seed and other extracts and for everyone who has difficulty swallowing tablets. The research behind Pycnogenol is amazing for both kids and adults. Parents will love that our formula contains no artificial flavours or colouring, and it’s a vegetarian product that also contains no added wheat, soy, yeast, gluten, salt, preservatives or milk (lactose) for kids. It is also offered with the fastest and most efficient Isotonix delivery system so nutrients can be delivered into their bodies fast and efficiently. Also be assured that our product is produced to high GMP quality standards.
Can my children take OPC-3 in addition to other Isotonix products?
Yes, some other Isotonix products – Isotonix Digestive Enzymes and Isotonix Multivitamin – can be taken in addition to Isotonix OPC-3. Also, children can take their Isotonix products at the same time like adults already do, as long as they are mixed using the proper ratios as per the directions to keep it isotonic.
What are the directions for use?
Directions for Use: For Children Ages 2-3 years: Pour ½ white bottle capful of powder (1.65 grams) into the overcap. Add water half-way to the line on the overcap (30 mL) and stir. For Adults and Children 4 years and older: Pour one (1) level, white bottle capful of powder (3.3 grams) into the overcap. Add water to the line on the overcap (60 mL) and stir. For Adults: For best results. take two (2) capfuls per 68.2 kg of body weight daily for the first 7-10 days, and take one (1) capful thereafter as a maintenance programme. As a food supplement, take once daily or as directed by your healthcare provider. Maximum absorption occurs when taken on an empty stomach. This product is isotonic only if the specified amounts of powder and water are used.
Are there any allergens in Isotonix OPC-3?
Isotonix OPC-3 is a vegetarian product and contains no added wheat, soy, yeast, gluten, artificial flavour, salt, preservatives or milk (lactose).
Is there any research on children and the benefits of Pycnogenol?
Yes. A small pilot study showed that supplementation with Pycnogenol® (2 mg/kg of body weight) for 10 weeks can improve markers of oxidative stress in children (13–18 years of age) with Crohn’s disease (Kolacek et al., 2013). Supplementation of Pycnogenol (1 mg/kg of body weight) helped reduce hyperactivity and improve attention in children (6–14 years of age) with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) (Trebaticka et al., 2006). Studies have also shown that Pycnogenol supplementation (1 mg/kg of body weight) for one month can help reduce oxidative stress, improve total antioxidant status, and improve attention in children (6–14 years of age) with ADHD (Chovanova et al., 2006; Dvorakova et al., 2006, 2007). Furthermore, supplementation with Pycnogenol (1 mg/lb of body weight) by asthmatic children (6–18 years of age) may help reduce signs of asthma and reduce the frequency of use of asthma inhalers (Lau et al., 2004). These claims have not been approved by the European Commission.
What sets Isotonix OPC-3 apart from other bioflavonoid products?
This science-driven selection of OPCs is unique to Isotonix OPC-3, as is the Isotonix delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of the OPCs. The potent nutrients, in combination with the highly effective delivery system, make Isotonix OPC-3 the most powerful free radical scavenging product available.
Is Isotonix OPC-3 safe?
Yes. OPCs are among the most valuable constituents of a healthy human diet. OPCs have been researched and used for over 30 years throughout Europe. Extensive safety studies were conducted which revealed no evidence for human toxicity or allergic reactions. Isotonix OPC-3 contains pure OPCs in combination with carefully balanced quantities of potassium, fructose and glucose, which set up the isotonic delivery system. Isotonix OPC-3 is free of harmful chemicals, preservatives and alcohol. Isotonix OPC-3 should be taken as directed.
How long does it take to benefit from Isotonix OPC-3?
OPC-3 not only provides the most potent OPCs available, the unique Isotonix delivery system ensures that the small intestine rapidly absorbs the OPCs, which are available in the blood stream within minutes. This is because the OPCs are delivered in liquid form. The liquid is isotonic, which means it duplicates the environment in our cells and blood stream regarding pH, electrolytes, etc. This enables the OPCs to enter the body easily and with a high level of bioavailability. Because of the rapid absorbability, the body should benefit from Isotonix OPC-3 almost immediately.
Can you take Isotonix OPC-3 in soda, juice, coffee, etc., rather than water?
No. Isotonix OPC-3 should only be taken as directed. This product is only isotonic if the specified amounts of powder and water are used.
Are there any warnings or contraindications for Isotonix OPC-3?
Isotonix OPC-3 is a vegetarian product and contains no wheat, gluten, soy, yeast, artificial flavour, starch, salt, preservatives or milk. If you are currently using prescription drugs, have an ongoing medical condition, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare provider before using this product.
I am healthy and athletic; why should I take Isotonix OPC-3?
Everyone is vulnerable to the ageing process caused by continuous free radical damage. Athletes tend to be exposed to elevated levels of oxidative stress. Free radicals develop as by-products during metabolism when calories are processed with oxygen. Athletes inhale 10 to 20 times more oxygen during physical activity over rest periods. The increase in activity creates additional free radicals. In fact, these free radicals are known to limit performance, as free radicals appear to take their toll on muscle tissue. Studies on recreational athletes have shown a 20 percent endurance increase with OPCs, as compared to a control group receiving a placebo. Another study has shown that athletes using OPCs suffered significantly less muscle cramping during and after performing. OPCs help to maintain healthy blood flow and this supports oxygen supply to muscles.
Can you tell me more about Pycnogenol?
Pycnogenol is the registered trademark of Horphag for a standardised extract of bark of the French maritime pine tree. Pycnogenol is particularly renowned for its extensive clinical research with more than 120 studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals. The flavonoids in Pycnogenol not only act as powerful antioxidants, they also appear to promote the normal generation of nitric oxide (NO). NO plays a key role in regulating cardiovascular health. Nitric oxide promotes the normal relaxation of arteries, supports normal diameter of blood vessels and helps maintain healthy blood pressure and circulation. NO promotes normal platelet activity, allowing the blood to maintain a normal, fluid viscosity. Pycnogenol has been awarded various patents for its ability to support healthy platelet activity.
What is the advantage of the Isotonix advanced delivery system?
Isotonix dietary supplements are delivered in an isotonic solution. This means that the body has less work to do in obtaining maximum absorption. Isotonic products allow nutrients to pass directly into the small intestine and be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. With Isotonix, little nutritive value is lost, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results. So, Isotonix products also offer the fastest and most efficient delivery system of all nutraceutical supplements, and are formulated using only the most advanced and scientifically proven ingredients. Isotonix products are also completely free of binders and fillers common in traditional tablet and capsule products — so you know that you are getting only the quality ingredients you expect.
What is the history of OPCs?
In 1534, French explorer Jacques Cartier was leading an expedition up the St. Lawrence River. Trapped by bad weather, Cartier and his crew were forced to survive on a ration of salted meat and biscuits. Cartier's crew began to suffer from severe deficiency of vitamin C and showed symptoms of scurvy. Many crewmembers died before the surviving members encountered a friendly Native American who saved most of their lives. He told them to make a tea from the bark and needles of the pine tree to cure their malady. They complied and, as a result, Cartier and many crewmembers survived.
Some 400 years later, Professor Jacques Masquelier of the University of Bordeaux, France, read a book by Cartier detailing their expedition. He concluded that pine bark not only contained some vitamin C, but obviously was a good source of bioflavonoids, whose effects are similar to those of vitamin C. Further studies and research revealed that the pine bark contained an array of proanthocyanidins complexes. These compounds were also found in a variety of plants, including grape seeds, cranberries, peanut skin, lemon tree bark and citrus rinds. Masquelier termed the active ingredients of the pine bark "pycnogenols", which today are referred to in the scientific community as oligomeric proanthocyanidins, or OPCs.
Love OPC3. I take 3 servings every morning along with a Multi-vit and others from the same line of products. To begin with, you don't think anything is happening. Then one day you notice the pain is less or has gone. Was it the OPC3 or just natural? Try not take the OPC3 for a short time and see what happens. Lol. Learnt my lesson.
I love my OPC3 tastes good and is effective