What Makes Isotonix® Greens Unique?
Isotonix Greens provides nutritional support similar to that of fresh vegetables in an isotonic-capable supplement. Our formula uses non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms), organic active ingredients, providing nutrients from a diverse range of organic green vegetable powders and natural grass fibers. Best of all, it's made available as part of the Isotonix Custom Cocktail selections - the perfect way to combine your choice of Isotonix products in a time-efficient, customized blend to deliver exactly what you want, when you want it.
We all know how important it is to consume vegetables each day. Unfortunately for many of us, they are not always part of our daily diet. With busy schedules and a lack of time to prepare fresh food, more than 80 percent of Americans are not consuming the recommended daily allowance of fruits and vegetables in their daily diet. This leads to deficiencies of the nutrients that are needed for our bodies to function optimally and maintain health.
Primary Benefits of Isotonix® Greens*
- Contains organic ingredients including vegetable powders and natural grasses
- Provides an array of essential nutrients found in vegetables
- A source of natural antioxidants
- Help maintain a healthy digestive tract
Key Ingredients Found In Isotonix® Greens
Organic Wheat Grass: 300 mg
Wheat grass is a rich source of chlorophyll, which is believed to have health-promoting properties. Wheat grass provides nutrients that help maintain a healthy immune system. Wheat grass can support natural immunity while helping to support energy.
Wheat Grass is believed to neutralize toxins in the body, which supports the body's immune system. It can also help maintain normal alkalinity and support digestion.
Organic Barley Grass: 225 mg
Barley Grass contains essential antioxidants and nutrients that the body needs every day to optimize health. It is also a source of chlorophyll, which is believed to have some health-promoting functions.
Barley grass contains several additional nutrients that have antioxidant activity. Green barley leaves contain health-promoting nutrients. Barley has an ability to absorb nutrients from the soil that are beneficial to the human diet.
Organic Alfalfa Grass: 225 mg
Alfalfa is a perennial herb that grows throughout the world. The leaves of the plant contain helth-promoting nutrients. Because of its generally nutritive value, alfalfa increases energy to those with vitamin and mineral deficiency.
Alfalfa may have a neutralizing effect on the intestinal tract which promotes digestive health.
Organic Spirulina: 350 mg
Spirulina is classified as a blue-green cyanobacteria. Spirulina contains chlorophyll, carotenoids, and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). Chlorophyll and carotenoids are both known for their antioxidant properties. Spirulina also contains phytonutrients such as zeaxanthin and lutein, which are antioxidants that are support vision health. Spirulina contains a unique blue pigment, called phycobiliprotein, which is only found in blue-green algae promotes overall health.
Organic Chlorella: 225 mg
Chlorella is a species of green algae found in still fresh water. It contains a considerable amount of phytonutrients. Clinical studies show that chlorella has detoxification capabilities.
Organic Broccoli Powder: 75 mg
The health benefits and protective properties of broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables have been well documented over the past 25 years. Broccoli is a source of sulphoraphane glucosinolates. Sulphoraphane glucosinolates support the normal production of detoxification enzymes and promote the body's natural enzyme antioxidant defense systems functioning as a powerful antioxidant. By maintaining elevated levels of glutathione, which is the master antioxidant of the body it preserves and protects the brain and other body tissues. Glutathione also acts to recycle vitamin C and E, which reduce free radicals in the body. Since glutathione cannot be absorbed intact orally due to gastrointestinal degradation, sulphoraphane supplementation may be the most effective way to increase endogenous glutathione concentration.
Organic Spinach Powder: 75 mg
Spinach powder helps provide important nutrients necessary for optimal health.
Organic Cabbage Powder: 25 mg
Cabbage is a green or red vegetable from the cabbage (Cruciferous) family. Like other dark leafy vegetables, cabbage contains many health promoting nutrients. Like broccoli, cabbage also contains glucosinolates that may support digestive and immune health.
Frequently Asked Questions About Isotonix® Greens
What are phytonutrients and where are they found?
The term phyto originated from a Greek word meaning plant. Phytonutrients are certain organic components of plants with strong antioxidant and other nutritive properties. Fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, nuts and teas are rich sources of phytonutrients.
Is this a vegetarian and vegan product?
Yes. The Isotonix Greens product can be added to any vegetarian or vegan diet.
Can children take this product?
This product is intended for adults ages 18 and older.
How does this product differ from Complete Greens?
Isotonix Greens is an isotonic-capable supplement formulated with organic active ingredients exclusively available in custom cocktail. Isotonix Greens contains a variety of vegetable powders, while Complete Greens focuses more on the grasses.
Does this product need to be taken on an empty stomach?
Yes. Maximum absorption occurs when taken on an empty stomach.
What is the warning for this product?
If you are currently using prescription drugs, have an ongoing medical condition, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare provider before using this product.
Is this product available in a bottle?
No. Isotonix Greens is currently available only as a selection within the Custom Cocktail.
Scientific Studies Which Support Isotonix® Greens
- Higdon, J., et al. Cruciferous vegetables and human cancer risk: epidemiologic evidence and mechanistic basis. Pharmacological Research. 55(3): 224-236, 2007.
- Juge, N., et al. Molecular basis for chemoprevention by sulforaphane: a comprehensive review. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences. 64(9): 1105-1127, 2007.
- Merchant, R. E., et al. A review of recent clinical trials of the nutritional supplement Chlorella pyrenoidosa in the treatment of fibromyalgia, hypertension, and ulcerative colitis. Altern Ther Health Med. 7(3):79-91, 2001.
- Merchant, R. E., et al. Pilot study: nutritional supplementation with Chlorella pyrenoidosa for mild to moderate hypertension. Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association. 6(3), 2003.
- Merchant, R. E., et al. Nutritional supplementation with Chlorella pyrenoidosa for patients with fibromyalgia syndrome: a pilot study. Phytother Res. 14(3):167-173, 2000.
- Beecher, C. W. Cancer preventive properties of varieties of Brassica oleracea: a review. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 59(5 Supplement):1166S-1170S, 1994.
- Kuriyama, I., et al. Inhibitory effects of glycolipids fraction from spinach on mammalian DNA polymerase activity and human cancer cell proliferation. J Nutr Biochem. 2005.
- Cornblatt, B., et al. Preclinical and clinical evaluation of sulforaphane for chemoprevention in the breast. 28(7): 1485-1490, 2007.
- Ben-Arye, E., et al. Wheat grass juice in the treatment of active distal ulcerative colitis: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Scand J Gastroenterol. 37(4):444-449, 2002.
- Yu, Y. M., et al. Effects of young barley leaf extract and antioxidative vitamins on LDL oxidation and free radical scavenging activities in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Metab. 28(2):107-114, 2002.
- Hayashi, O., et al. Enhancement of antibody production in mice by dietary Spirulina platensis. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 40(5):431-441, 1994.
- Parikh, P., et al. Role of spirulina in the control of glycemia and lipidemia in type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Med Food. 4(4):193-199, 2001.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.