Might-A-Mins® Spectrum Isotonix® OPC-3
Might- A -Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 provides a strong antioxidant defense, which is especially beneficial for children who need neurological, metabolic, or digestive support. Children benefit from Might- A -Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 for numerous reasons. Might- A -Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 serves as a powerful free radical scavenger, combating oxidative stress in the body. Due to the excessive quantities of toxins ingested by humans, the liver often cannot work fast enough to rid the body of all toxins. Supplementation with OPC-3 assists in providing antioxidant defense, maintaining brain health, and supporting the production of neurotransmitters.* Another benefit of Might- A -Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 is that it is delivered in an isotonic solution. Isotonic solutions bear the same chemical resemblance to blood and tears, allowing for superior delivery and complete absorption.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Provides strong antioxidant defense
- Powerful free-radical scavenger
- Helps maintain brain health
- Supports the production of neurotransmitters
- Helps maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins
- Supports healthy blood vessel dilation
- Promotes healthy nitric oxide levels
In children’s nutrition, Might-a-Mins® Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 is in a class all its own. This comprehensive formula offers an unequaled nutrient profile designed to facilitate growth and development, as well as provide antioxidant defense.
While this alone makes it a great addition to a healthy diet, the benefits of Might-a-Mins® Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 go further. By being delivered in effective amounts and provided in a form that ensures maximum nutrient availability via isotonic delivery, this blend of vitamins and bioflavonoids absorbs quickly and completely, providing strong antioxidant defense for every cell in a child’s body, contributing to the maintenance of brain health, circulation and metabolic support.
Pycnogenol 20 mg
Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract from the bark of the maritime pine tree, which grows exclusively along the coast of southwest France in Les Landes de Gascogne. This unspoiled, natural environment is the unique source of pine bark. Pycnogenol is one of the most researched ingredients in the natural product marketplace. Published findings have demonstrated Pycnogenol's wide array of beneficial effects on the body, specifically in the realm of antioxidant health. Pine bark extract is an all natural combination of proanthocyanidins, bioflavonoids, and organic acids. The extract has three basic properties, it is a powerful antioxidant, selectively binds to collagen and elastin, and promotes normal production of endothelial nitric oxide, which promotes normal dilation of blood vessels.
Pycnogenol is especially beneficial to children who need neurological, metabolic, or digestive support because it neutralizes many free radicals before they cause oxidative stress. Its super-antioxidant capabilities help support healthy blood platelet activity, help maintain joint flexibility, promote cardiovascular health, help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and support a healthy complexion.
Grape Seed Extract 12.5 mg
Grape seed extract is typically extracted from the seeds of red grapes (instead of white), which have a high content of compounds known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs). Grape seed extract is extremely rich in polyphenols, compounds with high antioxidant activity. Children who need neurological, metabolic or digestive support would benefit from grape seed extract because it helps to reduce the stress of free radicals and minimize oxidative stress caused by environmental toxins.
Grape Skin Extract 12.5 mg
Grape skin extract is a powerful antioxidant. The antioxidant properties of grape skin extract contribute to maintaining healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries, and veins, and promoting overall cardiovascular health. In the late 1990s, scientists took note of a phenomenon among the French.There were very low rates of cardiovascular problems in the provinces where residents consistently ate high fat foods and drank red wine.Scientists concluded that the protective properties of grape skin have helped the French maintain cardiovascular health for years. Subsequent scientific studies have further shown that the OPCs found in grape skin are particularly beneficial for supporting a healthy heart and blood vessels.
Bilberry Extract 12.5 mg
Bilberry extract is derived from the leaves and berry-like fruit of a common European shrub closely related to the blueberry. Extracts of the ripe berry contain flavonoid pigments known as anthocyanins, which are powerful antioxidants. Scientific studies confirm that bilberry extract supports healthy vision and venous circulation. Bilberry extract helps maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries, and veins. Children who need neurological, metabolic or digestive support may benefit from bilberry extract because of its ability to support healthy vision and venous circulation as well as circulation to the brain.
Citrus Bioflavonoids Extract 12.5 mg
Bioflavonoids are antioxidants found in certain plants that act as light filters, which protect the plant's DNA and other important macromolecules by absorbing ultraviolet radiation. They have been found to promote cardiovascular health and help maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries, and veins. The ability for citrus bioflavioids to maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries, and veins is also beneficial for helping maintain brain health and supports the production of neurotransmitters in children.
Hyaluronic Acid 7.5 mg
Hyaluronic acid plays an important role in tissue hydration, lubrication, and cellular function. It is a key component of collagen, and it promotes skin, joint and eye health. It may also support the normal production of synovial fluid and normal healing. Children who need neurological, metabolic or digestive support would benefit from the normal healing properties of hyaluronic acid.
Biotin 75 mcg
Biotin, a water-soluble B vitamin, acts as a coenzyme in the metabolism of protein, fats, and carbohydrates. Biotin also supports various metabolic chemical conversions.
Vitamin C 100 mg
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin that has a number of biological functions. It supports normal tissue repair including skin and bone healing, as well as immune function. It is also a cofactor for the production of dopamine, a neurotransmitter. Supplementing with a proven antioxidant like vitamin C is helpful in combating free radicals. Vitamin C supports glutathione levels, another important antioxidant and detoxifying chemical in the body. Vitamin C can help to boost the immune system and provide strong antioxidant defense against any environmental or dietary stresses.
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 200 IU
Vitamin D supports efficient intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus, primarily in the duodenum and jejunum, by promoting synthesis of calcium-binding proteins which promote calcium absorption and retention. In addition to supporting strong bones, vitamin D promotes muscle strength and neuromuscular function. The main function of vitamin D is to support normal regulation of serum calcium concentrations.
Vitamin E (D-alpha-tocopheryl acetate) 17 IU
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin proven to be a strong antioxidant. It supports the structural and functional maintenance of skeletal, cardiac, and smooth muscle. It also promotes the normal formation of red blood cells, supports cardiovascular function and promotes immune health.
Calcium (Lactate) 200 mg
Calcium supports many functions in the body, including bone health, nerve transmission, muscle contraction, vascular contraction, vasodilation, glandular secretion, cell membrane and capillary permeability, enzyme reactions, respiration, renal function, and blood coagulation. Children who need neurological, metabolic or digestive support would benefit from a calcium supplement which supports strong bones and teeth, promotes healthy growth in adolescents, and plays a critical role in the contraction of skeletal and heart muscles.
Magnesium (Carbonate) 75 mg
Magnesium, an essential mineral, promotes the normal functioning of many enzymes, in particular those enzymes responsible for the production of neurotransmitters in the brain. Magnesium supports several hundred other metabolic pathways, including those involved in bone, protein and fatty acid formation, B-vitamin activation, muscle relaxation, blood clotting, and formation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP; on the high energy molecule that fuels enzymatic reactions throughout the body). Magnesium supports the production of neurotransmitters and also helps to maintain brain health.
- Adams J. Summary of Biomedical Treatments for Autism. Autism Research Institute Publication. 40 (April), 2007.
- Burton G et al. Vitamin E: Antioxidant activity, biokinetics, and bioavailability. Annual Review Nutrition. 10:357-382, 1992.
- Chovanová Z et al. Effect of polyphenolic extract, Pycnogenol, on the level of 8-oxoguanine in children suffering from attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Free Radical Research. 40(9):1003-10, 2006.
- Devaraj S et al. Supplementation with a pine bark extract rich in polyphenols increases plasma antioxidant capacity and alters the plasma lipoprotein profile. Lipids 37:931-4, 2002.
- Diliberto E et al. Multicompartmental secretion of ascorbate and its dual role in dopamine b-hydroxylation. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 54(6 Supplement):1163S-72S, 1991.
- Dolske M. et al. A preliminary trial of ascorbic acid as supplemental therapy for autism. Progress in Neuropsycho-pharmacology and Biological Psychiatry. 17(2):765-774, 1993.
- Dvoráková M et al. The effect of polyphenolic extract from pine bark, Pycnogenol on the level of glutathione in children suffering from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Redox Report. 11(4):163-72, 2006.
- Fine A. Oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes: history, structure, and phytopharmaceutical applications. Alternative Medicine Review 5:144-51, 2000. Review.
- Fitzpatrick, D., et al. Endothelium-dependent vascular effects of Pycnogenol. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 32: 509-515, 1998.
- Freedman, J., et al. Select flavonoids and whole juice from purple grapes inhibit platelet function and enhance nitric oxide release. Circulation 103:2792-8, 2001.
- Frei B et al. Ascorbate is an outstanding antioxidant in human blood plasma. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 86(16):6377-6381, 1989.
- Gulati, O. Pycnogenol® in venous disorders: a review. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 1-13, 1999.
- Guo Q et al. Electron spin resonance study of free radicals formed from a procyanidin-rich pine (Pinus maritima) bark extract, Pycnogenol®. Free Radical Biology Medicine. 7(11-12): 1308-1312, 1999.
- Henning S et al. Glutathione blood levels and other oxidant defense indexes in men fed diets low in vitamin C. Journal of Nutrition. 121:169-175, 1991.
- James S et al. Metabolic biomarkers of increased oxidative stress and impaired methylation capacity in children with autism. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 80(6):1611-7, 2004.
- Johnston C et al. Vitamin C elevates red blood cell glutathione in healthy adults. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 58(1):103-105, 1993.
- Kidd P Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children: rationale for its integrative management. Alternative Medicine Review. 5(5):402-28, 2000. Review.
- Kim J et al. Effect of select antioxidants on malondialdehyde modification of proteins. Nutrition. 16: 1079-1081, 2000.
- Kirsch M et al. Ascorbate is a potent antioxidant against peroxynitrite-induced oxidation reactions. Evidence that ascorbate acts by re-reducing substrate radicals produced by peroxynitrite. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 275(22):16702-16708, 2000.
- Kuo C et al. Ascorbic acid, an endogenous factor required for acetylcholine release from the synaptic vesicles. Japan Journal of Pharmacology. 30(4):481-492, 1980.
- Lenton K et al. Vitamin C augments lymphocyte glutathione in subjects with ascorbate deficiency. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 77(1):189-195, 2003.
- McGinnis W. Oxidative stress in autism. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 10(6):22-36, 2004. Review.
- Meydani M. Protective role of dietary vitamin E on oxidative stress in ageing. Age. 15:89-93, 1992.
- Monograph. Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry). Alternative Medicine Review 6:500-4, 2001.
- Nelson A et al. Pycnogenol® inhibits macrophage oxidative burst, lipoprotein oxidation and hydroxyl radical-induced DNA damage. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. 24 (2): 139-144, 1998.
- Nishioka K et al. Pycnogenol, French maritime pine bark extract, augments endothelium-dependent vasodilation in humans. Hypertension Research. 30(9):775-80, 2007.
- Numakawa Y et al. Vitamin E protected cultured cortical neurons from oxidative stress-induced cell death through the activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. Journal of Neurochemistry. 97(4):1191-1202, 2006.
- Nuttall S et al. An evaluation of the antioxidant activity of a standardized grape seed extract, Leucoselect. J Clin Pharm Ther 23: 385-89, 1998.
- Packer L et al. Antioxidant activity and biologic properties of a procyanidin-rich extract from pine (Pinus maritima) bark, pycnogenol. Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine. 27:704-24, 1999. Review.
- Paleologos M et al. Cohort Study of Vitamin C Intake and Cognitive Impairment. American Journal of Epidemiology. 148(1):45-50, 1998.
- Rimland B. Vitamin C in the Prevention and Treatment of Autism. Autism Research Review International. 12:3, 1998.
- Rohdewald P. A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®), an herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology. International Journal of Clinical and Pharmacology Therapeutics. 40:158-68, 2002. Review.
- Shi, J., et al. Polyphenolics in grape seeds-biochemistry and functionality. J Med Food 6:291-9, 2003. Review.
- Trebatická J et al. Treatment of ADHD with French maritime pine bark extract, Pycnogenol. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 15(6):329-35, 2006.
- Wallerath, T., et al. Resveratrol, a polyphenolic phytoalexin present in red wine, enhances expression and activity of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Circulation 106:1652-8, 2002.
- Wei Z et al. Pycnogenol enhances endothelial cell antioxidant defense. Redox Report 3: 219-24, 1997.
- Yao Y et al. Altered vascular phenotype in autism: correlation with oxidative stress. Archives of Neurology. 63(8):1161-4, 2006.
How should I take Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3?
Children ages 2-4 years take one capful in the morning or as otherwise directed by your physician. Children ages five and over should take two capfuls in the morning or as directed by your physician.
What is Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3?
Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 is a dietary supplement that bears some of the most powerful bioflavonoids currently known to research scientists. These bioflavonoids are scientifically termed oligomeric proanthocyanidins, commonly abbreviated OPCs. The purest and best-researched OPCs chosen for OPC-3 are prepared from grape seed, red wine, grape skin, bilberries, Pycnogenol® from pine bark and citrus fruit. This combination of powerful OPCs is unique to Isotonix, as is the Isotonix delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of the OPCs. Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 has been shown to provide a variety of health benefits including but not limited to combating free radicals, helping maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins, helping maintain brain health, promoting/supporting healthy blood vessel dilation and promoting/supporting healthy nitric oxide levels.*
Can Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 for Children be taken with other Isotonix products? If so, which ones?
Yes. Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 can safely be taken with other Isotonix products, provided one follows the recommended serving size for each product. Might-A Mins Spectrum Isotonix Digestive Enzymes and Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix Multi-Vitamin can all be taken with Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3.
Are there any allergens in Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3?
Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 is a vegetarian product and contains no wheat, soy, yeast, gluten, artificial flavor, starch, salt, preservatives or milk.
Is Might-A-Mins Spectrum Isotonix OPC-3 safe?
Yes. OPCs are among the most valuable constituents of a healthy human diet. OPCs have been researched and used for over 30 years throughout Europe. Extensive safety studies were conducted which revealed no evidence for human toxicity or allergic reactions. This product contains pure OPCs in combination with carefully balanced quantities of potassium and fructose/glucose, which set up the isotonic delivery system. This children's OPC-3 is free of harmful chemicals, preservatives and alcohol. It should be taken as directed.