Might-a-Mins® Spectrum Essential Omega 3
Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3 contains ideal amounts of specific omega-3 fatty acids, which support your child’s brain health and immune function. Kids will like the delicious liquid-like emulsion because they won’t have to take hard-to-swallow pills; adults will like it because it allows for enhanced absorption and bioavailability for optimal absorption. Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3 contains no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners – only the nutrients your children need.* Omega-3 fatty acids are considered “essential”: they are vital for life and they are not able to be produced by the body. While most other nutrients – vitamins and minerals, for example – can be synthesized by the body, certain omega-3s (including EPA and DHA) cannot. They are especially important in childhood, when the brain – which is made up of approximately 60 percent fat – and immune system are developing. Unfortunately, many children are not receiving adequate omega-3 fatty acids from food sources. According to the American Dietetic Association and the Dieticians of Canada, nine out of 10 children are deficient in the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA. Children need ample amounts of omega-3 fatty acids to support their brain and immune health. Ensure your children receive the omega-3s they need with Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Supports brain health
- Helps to promote a healthy immune response
- Provides a healthy blend of two essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA
- No fishy taste; great fruit flavor
Most omega-3 children's products on the market contain only a percentage of the total amount of essential fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid ( DHA) contained in Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3. EPA and DHA are extremely important because children have been shown to be deficient in these essential fatty acids which are vital to brain and immune system development. Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3 contains ideal amounts of EPA and DHA to properly support your child's brain health and immune function. Instead of wondering whether your child will take a product that leaves an unpleasant fishy taste, Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3 has a delicious fruit flavor that will keep them wanting more. Plus, Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3 contains no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners - only the omegas your children need.
Omega-3 fatty acids (1 gram)
Omega-3 fatty acids are considered nutritionally essential for human health. DHA plays a very important role in supporting brain health and is a very important structural component of the brain phospholipids, as well as the lipids in the nervous system. In fact, about 60 percent of the brain is made up of fat, most of which is DHA (docosahexaneoic acid). Likewise, EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) is an important fatty acid which promotes the health of the brain and nervous system. As the human body cannot naturally synthesize these fatty acids, they must come from the diet. Many children appear to be deficient in omega-3 fatty acids.*
- Kidd, P. Autism, an extreme challenge to integrative medicine. Part II: medical management. Alternative Medicine Review. 7(6): 472-499, 2002.
- Kidd, P. Omega-3 DHA and EPA for cognition, behavior, and mood: clinical findings and structural-functional synergies with cell membrane phospholipids. Alternative Medicine Review. 12(3): 207-227, 2007.
- Richardson, A. Omega-3 fatty acids in ADHD and related neurodevelopmental disorders. International Review of Psychiatry. 18(2): 155-172, 2006.
- Richardson, A. Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in childhood developmental and psychiatric disorders. Lipids. 39(12): 1215-1222, 2004.
- Sinn, N., et al. Oiling the brain: a review of randomized controlled trials of omega-3 fatty acids in psychopathology across the lifespan. Nutrients. 2: 128-170, 2010.
- Stevens, L., et al. Omega-3 fatty acids in boys with behavior, learning, and health problems. Physiology & Behavior. 59(4): 915-920 (1996).
- Vancassel, S., et al. Plasma fatty acid levels in autistic children. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 65(1): 1-7, 2001.
Can adults take Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3?
Absolutely. The product can be taken by both children and adults. This tasty emulsion serves as a great alternate for adults who have trouble swallowing pills.
Can Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3 be mixed into juice, yogurt, ice cream or other food products?
Yes, the product can be easily mixed with juice or other foods, but it tastes great on its own!
Are there any benefits to taking omega-3 fatty acids in an emulsion instead of in a liquid or softgel?
Research has shown that emulsions of oil increase absorption of certain fatty acids, especially of EPA and DHA.
Can you take Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3 if you have a seafood allergy?
Since the product is derived from fish, you should not take it if you are allergic to seafood.
What is the source of fish in Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3?
The source of the fish oil is anchovies and sardines.
Does Might-A-Mins Spectrum Essential Omega 3 need to be taken on an empty stomach?
No, this product is not isotonic and, therefore, its absorption is not affected by an empty stomach.