We guarantee your complete satisfaction for 60 days after your order ships.
Our 60 day return policy is the most generous in the industry. We allow you to return almost any product for any reason. When returning a product, you can request an identical replacement item, exchange the product for another product, or request a refund. When procedures are followed, there are no restocking fees.
If the return results from the receipt of damaged or defective product, or from our mistake, we will pay the shipping charges - both to have your item sent back to us, and to send you a replacement item. Often we will issue a factory-fresh product in advance (pending an approval) to get you playing music as soon as possible. After all, we know that's why you shop with Same Day Music.
How do you return a product?
A return authorization number is required to return a product.
Fill out the return form with the following information: name, order number, product, and reason for return (and please remember, you can return a product for any reason). To expedite the handling of your request please include the action you would like taken: we can help you with an exchange, replacement, or refund. We will respond to your request swiftly. You will receive a return authorization number, instructions for sending your product back, and an address for the return.
Products that fall under the categories listed here can only be returned for replacement if they are defective or damaged in transit, or only for exchange or refund if they are still sealed (with Same Day Music shrinkwrap and barcode still affixed).
* Copyrighted materials cannot be returned once opened due to copyright law. This includes books, videotapes, DVDs, sample libraries, style disks, sound expansion boards, and software (which may also include software bundled with hardware).
* Blank media cannot be returned once opened due to the possibility they have been used. This includes cassettes, open reel tape, ADAT, DAT, CD, DVD, MiniDisc, removable memory cards, and hard drives.
* Disposable products cannot be returned once opened. This includes cleaning supplies, care products, and rosin.
* Personal use items that are used at your mouth or in your ear cannot be returned once opened due to health laws. This includes all microphones, guitar talk boxes, ear plugs, and in-ear earphones.
* All instrument parts cannot be returned once opened due to the possibility they have been used. This includes all guitar, amplifier, and turntable parts.
* Rain Recording products cannot be returned once opened. If a product is found to be defective, the manufacturer will be able to resolve the issue under warranty. Please contact us for the most recent contact information if you have any problems.
* Apple products cannot be returned once the manufacturer's seal has been broken. If a product is found to be defective, you must contact Apple customer support at 800-275-2273. If Apple determines that the product is defective, contact our returns department.
* All clothing cannot be returned. This includes shirts, hats, and gloves.
* Certain items must be exchanged directly through the manufacturer if they are found to be defective. This includes tubes, strings, pickups, raw frame speakers, drum heads, drumsticks, cymbals, cowbells, and harmonicas. These items can only be returned to us if they are unopened.
* Due to sterilization and repackaging costs, all band instruments will incur an automatic $ 10.00 restocking fee when returned. This includes flutes, clarinets, saxophones, trumpets, and trombones.
Analog and digital recording gear (e.g. ADATS, four track recorders, etc) that shows wear or significant usage time may be refused or result in a restocking fee.
Our return policy is very generous, but these exceptions are necessary; please consider them in making your purchase. If there are any questions as to whether an item is included in the list of exceptions before you buy, please contact us.
Who pays original and return shipping?
If the return is needed as a result of damage, defect, or our mistake, we pay the shipping charges - both to have your item sent back to us, and to send you a replacement item. Often we issue a factory-fresh product in advance (pending an approval) to get you playing music fast! After all, we know that's why you shop with Same Day Music. These exceptions are at the sole discretion of Same Day Music and its returns department.
If you return a product for any reason in exchange for a different product, we pay the shipping charges on the product we ship to you in exchange for the product you return, but you are responsible for the return shipping on the product you send back, and we do not credit any original shipping charges toward the exchange.
In the case of an outright return for refund, we refund the full purchase price of the product, but you are responsible for return shipping on the product you are returning and we do not credit the original shipping charges toward the exchange.
When do we charge restocking fees?
Rarely. We can only accept items that are returned without signs of wear and tear and with all of the original contents and packaging. Contents consist of any included parts and accessories, as well as the warranty card and manual without user's notes or markings. Packaging includes all inner and outer packaging, complete with the original barcode affixed.
Items not returned in the condition described here may be subject to restocking fees (minimum 15% of the purchase price, as determined by our cost of replacing the missing items including a processing fee for this labor-intensive process) or refusal of the return. Larger items (from manufacturers such as Auralex) and items that we ship directly from our vendors can be subject to a minimum 30% restocking fee. This fee may apply if you refuse delivery or as a result of delivery exceptions, as well as from a typical return.