You may also like
A sticky base coat that primes nails for a flawless, long-lasting application of your favorite lacquer.
- Provides long-lasting hold on polish
- Protects nails from dark polish staining
- Minimizes chipping and peeling of nail polish
- Helps keep nail plate strong to help prevent breakage, splitting and peeling
Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) Extract Horsetail extract is rich in saponins, flavonoids and plant-based silica. Recent research suggests that nail lacquers containing horsetail extract can help strengthen nails and reduce roughness.
How do I use Motives Base Coat? Motives Base Coat should be applied onto your natural nail before you paint with your polish.
Here are some steps to guide you in applying nail polish:
- Apply Motives Base Coat first to protect the nail from stains and increase your polish's staying power
- Apply Motives Base Coat in three strokes: one from the nail base to the tip along the center, two and three around the base and up each side
- Allow 3-4 minutes for Motives Base Coat to dry
Why should I use Motives Base Coat? Motives Base Coat helps to keep your nail plate strong and protects it from chipping, peeling and staining. It also provides a long-lasting hold for your polish which increases your polishes wear time. Will Motives Base Coat stain my nails yellow? Motives Base Coat will not stain your nails when applied. The yellow tint you see on your nails when you remove your polish is caused by lack of oxygen to the nail itself. To prevent the yellow tint, remove nail polish and let your nails go natural for a bit.
How does the Motives Base Coat keep my nail polish lasting longer? Motives Base Coat is a clear coat that, when painted over your natural nail, creates a base for your polish to adhere. Your nail contains oils that prevents polish from adhering for long periods of time. Apply Motives Base Coat for a longer wear time of your favorite nail polish!
How often should I use Motives Base Coat? Motives Base Coat is perfectly safe for use each time you paint your nails. We recommend using Motives Base Coat each time you apply polish for a flawless manicure.
Is Motives Base Coat tested on animals? No, this product has not been animal tested.
- Cantoresi F, Sorgi P, Arcese A, Bidoli A, Bruni F, Carnevale C, Calvieri S. Improvement of psoriatic onychodystrophy by a water-soluble nail lacquer. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2009; 23 (7):832-834.
This base coat is perfect for the nail color that I use which is also motives. I was using something else for base coat then I found out about this and it actually is healthier for my nails. And the polish stays on longer.