- Supports cardiovascular health
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels by helping to maintain normal serum triglycerides and HDL cholesterol levels
- Promotes healthy blood flow to and from the heart, supporting the body’s delivery of nutrients and removal of wastes
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Protects LDL (bad cholesterol) from oxidative stress, which promotes healthy arteries
- Promotes healthy vision
- Helps to prevent oxidative stress in the eye
- Helps reduce the occurrence of occasional eye fatigue and eye strain associated with visual electronics
- Supports healthy blood flow in the eye, promoting nourishment for the eye and helping to maintain proper eye function
- Supports healthy visual focus
- Provides powerful antioxidant defense
- Promotes healthy skin by improving skin moisture and helping to maintain skin elasticity
- Supports muscle endurance and muscle performance by protecting the skeletal muscle from oxidative stress generated by physical activity
Prime Astaxanthin Cardio and Visual Vitality Formula
There are many cardiovascular health supplements available, but only Prime Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula gives you the highest-grade astaxanthin in its most clinically-studied amounts.
Astaxanthin is known for its highly powerful antioxidant effects and is a superior free radical quencher when compared to many other antioxidants. Typical cardiovascular health supplements contain only 2-4 mg of astaxanthin per serving - an amount which falls short in delivering all possible benefits for the heart, eyes, skin and muscles.
Prime Astaxanthin not only uses 6 mg of astaxanthin - the same amount cited in most clinical studies to demonstrate positive benefits - but it also utilizes AstaREAL astaxanthin, the purest and most powerful form of astaxanthin. This makes Prime Astaxanthin superior to competitors for promoting optimal cardiovascular function, supporting healthy vision, blood flow and muscular endurance.
Prime Astaxanthin has also shown benefits for promoting healthy skin by improving skin moisture and helping to maintain skin elasticity. This is thanks to astaxanthin's potent antioxidant capabilities, making it a superior product compared to other supplements for healthy skin on the market today.
Together, the quantity and the quality delivered by Prime Astaxanthin yields anti-aging benefits no other cardiovascular health supplements or healthy skin supplements can match.
Prime Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula is a first-rate product for promoting optimal cardiovascular function, supporting healthy vision and skin, blood flow and muscular endurance. Prime Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula uses AstaReal® astaxanthin, which ranks among the purest and most powerful antioxidants available.
Typical astaxanthin formulations contain only 2-4 mg per serving - an amount which falls short in delivering all possible benefits for the heart, eyes, skin and muscles. Prime Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula delivers a 6 mg serving of high-grade AstaREAL® astaxanthin, making it superior to competitors for promoting optimal cardiovascular function, supporting healthy vision and skin, blood flow and muscular endurance. Prime Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula is the premier choice due its unequaled ability to combat free radicals at the cellular level.
Great for eyes
It helped my eyes from double vision. I started to have this problem in the beginning of last year. After I took the Astaxanthin for about one week, my double vision was gone! I've been taking astaxanthin since last year, and my eyes are still good!
I have taken this product daily for six months. My oveall health is improved. I am an allergic type of person, easy to catch coldness or become sick easily. After I take this products about 2 months, I feel much better. After 6 months now, I don't catch a cold this winter, amazing! This is first winter I don't get sick without taking drugs - I think it is contributed by Astaxathin. Highly recommended to anyone who wants a better health.
Won't ever go without it
I've noticed a significant difference in the clarify of my skin after taking this product. I love it!
I noticed a big difference in the eye strain I had at the end of the day from working on the computer.
Astaxanthin (AstaReal® P2 AF 2%)(6 mg)
Astaxanthin is a carotenoid that gives the reddish pigment to salmon, crab, krill and lobster. It is known for its powerful antioxidant effects and has been shown to be a superior free radical quencher when compared to other antioxidants like vitamin C, coenzyme Q10 and green tea. Astaxanthin’s unique structure includes long chains which allow it to cover the cell membrane and provide antioxidant protection in all layers, whereas other antioxidants are more limited.
The Japanese are the top consumers of food containing astaxanthin and also have high incidences of heart health among developed countries. In addition, a growing body of scientific evidence points to a strong link between natural astaxanthin and cardiovascular health. There have been 30 cardiovascular-specific research publications, including 10 clinical studies, investigating possible benefits of astaxanthin on both blood lipid levels and blood vessels. These studies have shown that astaxanthin helps maintain normal levels of HDL and triglycerides when consumed orally. Three recent clinical studies support astaxanthin’s ability to help maintain healthy blood vessels. Other recent human studies indicate that astaxanthin supports cardiovascular health. A series of human studies suggest that astaxanthin helps maintain healthy blood pressure by promoting healthy blood flow and vascular tone. Astaxanthin supports cardiovascular health in several ways.
In addition to its effects on cardiovascular health, astaxanthin promotes healthy visual accommodation and retinal capillary blood flow. The exact mechanism by which astaxanthin supports vision is unknown, though some believe that by promoting blood flow to the ciliary body, it provides nourishment for the ciliary muscles. Astaxanthin is also believed to work by promoting normal NF-kB activation by oxygen radicals, which may explain how it helps to alleviate occasional eye fatigue.
- Aoi, W., et al. Astaxanthin improves muscle lipid metabolism in exercise via inhibitory effect of oxidative CPT I modification. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Com. 366:892–897, 2008.
- Camera, E., et al. Astaxanthin, canthaxanthin and beta-carotene differently affect UVA-induced oxidative damage and expression of oxidative stress-responsive enzymes. Exp Dermatol. 18(3):222-31, 2009.
- Choi et al. Effects of astaxanthin on oxidative stress in overweight and obese adults. Phytother Research (in-press), 2011.
- Hussein, G., et al. Antihypertensive potential and mechanism of action of astaxanthin: II. Vascular reactivity and hemorheology in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 28(6):967-971, 2005.
- Hussein, G., et al. Antihypertensive and neuroprotective effects of astaxanthin in experimental animals. Biol Pharm Bull. 28(1):47-52, 2005.
- Ikeuchi, M., et al. Effects of astaxanthin supplementation on exercise-induced fatigue in mice. Bio. Pharm. Bull. 29(10):2106-2110, 2006.
- Iwabayashi, et al. Efficacy and safety of eight-week treatment with astaxanthin in individuals screened for increased oxidative stress burden. Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine. 6(4):15-21, 2009.
- Iwamoto, et al., (2000). Inhibition of low-density lipoprotein oxidation by astaxanthin. Journal of Atherosclerosis Thrombosis. 7(4):216-22, 2000.
- Karppi, et al. Effects of astaxanthin supplementation on lipid peroxidation. Int J Vitam Nutr. Jan; 77 (1): 3-11, 2007.
- Kenji, S., et al. Effect of astaxanthin on accommodation and asthenopia. Efficacy-induced study in healthy volunteers. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(6): 637-650, 2005.
- Malmsten, C. and Lignell, A. Dietary supplementation with astaxanthin rich algal meal improves muscle endurance – a double blind study on male students. Carotenoid Science. 13:20-22, 2008.
- Matsuyama, et al. A safety study on the long-term consumption of astaxanthin in healthy human volunteer. Japanese Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (7):43-50, 2010.
- Miyawaki, et al. Effects of astaxanthin on human blood rheology. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(4):421-429, 2005.
- Nagaki, Y., et al. The supplementation effect of Astaxanthin on accommodation and asthenopia. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 22(1): 41-54, 2006.
- Nagaki, Y., et al. Effects of astaxanthin on accommodation, critical flicker fusion, and pattern visual evoked potential in visual display terminal workers. Journal of Traditional Medicines. 19: 170-173, 2002.
- Nagaki, Y., et al. Effects of astaxanthin on retinal capillary blood flow in normal volunteers. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(5): 537-542, 2005.
- Naguib, Y. The antioxidant activities of astaxanthin and related carotenoids. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 48(4): 1150-1154, 2000.
- Nakagawa, et al. Antioxidant effect of astaxanthin on phospholipid peroxidation in human erythrocytes. British Journal of Nutrition. (31):1-9, 2011.
- Nakamura, A., et al. Changes in visual function following peroral astaxanthin. Japanese Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology. 58(6): 1051-1054, 2004.
- Nanako, T. and Masayoshi, K. Effects of astaxanthin on accommodation recovery. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(4): 431-436, 2005.
- Nitta, T., et al. Effects of astaxanthin on accommodation and asthenopia. Dose finding study in healthy volunteers. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(5): 543-546, 2005.
- Preuss et al. Astaxanthin lowers blood pressure and lessens the activity of the eroxi-angiotensin system in Zucker Fatty Rats. Journal of Functional Foods. I: 13-22, 2009.
- Ruiz, et al. Astaxanthin-enriched-diet reduces blood pressure and improves cardiovascular parameters in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Pharmacological Research. 63(1):44-50, 2010.
- Santocono, M., et al. Influence of astaxanthin, zeaxanthin, and lutein on DNA damage and repair UVA-irradiated cells. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. 85(3): 205-215, 2006.
- Satoh, et al. Preliminary clinical evaluation of toxicity and efficacy of a new astaxanthin-rich Hameotoccus pluvialis. J. Clin. Biochem. Nutr. 44: 280–284, 2009.
- Sawaki, K., et al. Sports performance benefits from taking natural astaxanthin characterized by visual activity and muscle fatigue improvements in humans. J. Clin. Ther. Med. 18(9):73-88, 2002.
- Takahashi N, Kajita M. Effects of astaxanthin on accommodative recovery. J. Clin. Therap. Med. 21(4):431-436, 2005.
- Tominaga, et al. Protective effects of astaxanthin against single oxygen induced damage in human dermal fibroblasts in-vitro. Food Style. 21, 13(1):84-86, 2009.
- Yamashita, et al. Cosmetic benefit of the supplement health food combined astaxanthin and tocotrienol on human skin. Food Style. 21. 6(6):112-117, 2002.
- Yamashita, et al. The Effects of a Dietary Supplement Containing Astaxanthin on Skin Condition. Carotenoid Science. 10:91-95, 2006.
- Yoshida, et al. Administration of natural astaxanthin increases serum HDL-cholesterol and adiponectin in subjects with mild hyperlipidemia. Atherosclerosis. 209 (2): 520-3, 2010.
- Zhao, et al. Ameliorative effect of astaxanthin on endothelial dysfunction in streptozotocin-induced diabetes in male rats. Arzneimittelforschung. 61(4): 239-246, 2011.
What is Astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin is a carotenoid that gives the reddish pigment to salmon, crab, krill and lobster. It is known for its highly powerful antioxidant effects and has been shown to be a superior free radical quencher when compared to many other antioxidants. Astaxanthin’s unique structure includes long chains, which allow it to cover the cell membrane and provide antioxidant protection in all layers, whereas other antioxidants are more limited.
Where is the astaxanthin in Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula sourced from?
This product uses only AstaReal® Astaxanthin, which is manufactured from carefully cultivated microalgae (Haematococcus pluvialis) in state-of-the-art facilities located in Gustavsberg, Sweden. In contrast to generic varieties, AstaReal astaxanthin is unsurpassed for quality control and consistency in manufacture. Guaranteed for high quality and stability, AstaReal astaxanthin is the most frequently selected for clinical research and testing in nutritional applications.
Who should take Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula?
Adults looking for support of their cardiovascular health and normal cholesterol levels, powerful antioxidant defense, the promotion of healthy vision and muscular endurance and performance.*
Why is this product placed in the Prime™ product line?
Astaxanthin is an extremely powerful anti-aging antioxidant in terms of the organs and systems it supports. While the benefits it offers can be enjoyed by anyone, it is more likely to benefit that segment of the population over the age of 40, who are more frequently concerned with issues concerning cardiovascular health and cholesterol, vision and skin, as well as muscular health.*
What is the recommended serving of Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula?
The recommended serving for adults over the age of 18 is one 6mg softgel per day.
Is Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula suitable for use by both men and women?
Yes. Astaxanthin is beneficial for both men and women. Please read the product label for any product warnings.
Does Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula need to be taken on an empty stomach?
No. In fact, it is recommended that this product be taken along with a meal for optimal absorption.
Which products are best combined with Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula?
Prime Astaxanthin can be combined with products such as Isotonix® Multivitamin, Isotonix® Resveratrol, Isotonix® Vision Formula, Prime™ Ultimate Longevity Formula, Heart Health™ Advanced Lipitrim Ultra and Heart Health™ Essential Omega III.
Can Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula be taken by people who are allergic to shellfish?
Yes. Although astaxanthin is present in shellfish, Prime Astaxanthin does not use shellfish as a source of ingredients. Prime Astaxanthin uses only AstaReal® astaxanthin, which is extracted from cultivated microalgae within indoor facilities — a carefully controlled environment.