Our exclusive solution for promoting optimal joint health and for bone and joint discomfort:
- Only product on the market delivering glucosamine, Pycnogenol® and hyaluronic acid in isotonic form
- This winning combination of proven ingredients supports and helps maintain optimal joint health and flexibility:
- Glucosamine - Supports healthy joint function and promotes the normal production of synovial fluid, which lubricates your joints and regenerates cartilage
- Pycnogenol - Inhibits the body’s overactive inflammatory processes and supports relief from temporary inflammation associated with daily activities and the normal aging process
- Hyaluronic acid - Helps maintain strong, healthy cartilage and promotes normal healing
- Keep your joints young
- Helps maintain joint comfort
- Supports normal, healthy levels of COX-2 and 5-LOX
- Contains the combination of glucosamine with the super powerful antioxidant Pycnogenol and hyaluronic acid
- Does not contain chondroitin (very poor absorption due to its high molecular weight)
Gluten free - No detectable GMO - Pycnogenol
Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix
As we age, many of us experience joint discomfort. One way of dealing with this is to take a supplement that supports bone and joint health. Like many joint health supplements, Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix provides the benefits of glucosamine, a key ingredient that has been scientifically proven to support healthy joint function and promote the normal production of synovial fluid, which lubricates your joints.
What sets Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix apart is the combination of glucosamine with the powerful antioxidant Pycnogenol and hyaluronic acid - the only product among joint health supplements to deliver all three in isotonic form. The Isotonix Delivery System allows the body to do less work to obtain maximum absorption of the nutrients and superior results for your joint health.
Pycnogenol - a super antioxidant - has been shown in clinical studies to support relief from temporary inflammation associated with the normal aging process and daily activity. Hyaluronic acid helps maintain strong, healthy cartilage and promotes normal healing.
Many joint health supplements include the ingredients chondroitin and MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), but research on these two ingredients differs. One of chondroitin's mechanisms is to increase hyaluronic acid content; Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix instead provides hyaluronic acid directly. Meanwhile, research on MSM shows it takes large quantities of MSM daily (2-6 grams) to make a difference and see effects.
That's why we developed Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix to include proven joint health ingredients to help maintain optimal joint health by maintaining your joints' fluidity and flexibility, helping relieve temporary, day-to-day inflammation, and promoting the normal production and revival of your joints' cartilage.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
As the body ages, many people experience joint discomfort. One way of dealing with this is to take a supplement that supports bone and joint health.The majority of joint support products on the market contain three main ingredients: glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM (methylsulfonylmethane). The research on both chondroitin and MSM is very controversial. Chondroitin, for instance, has very poor absorption due to its high molecular weight. Research on MSM is not conclusive and it takes extremely large quantities of MSM daily (2-6 grams) to make a difference and see results.
Like many products, Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix reaps the benefits of glucosamine, but what sets it apart is the combination of glucosamine with the powerful antioxidant Pycnogenol® and Hyaluronic Acid. Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix combines three scientifically-proven ingredients into one product to support joint health and comfort:
1) Glucosamine - Supports healthy joint function and promotes the normal production of synovial fluid, which lubricates your joints and regenerates cartilage
2) Pycnogenol® - Inhibits the body's over active inflammatory processes associated with the normal aging process
3) Hyaluronic Acid - Helps maintain strong, healthy cartilage and promotes normal healing
Prime Joint Support Formula is the only product on the market delivering glucosamine, Pycnogenol and hyaluronic acid in isotonic form. This means that the body has less work to do to obtain maximum absorption of the nutrients and premier results.
Our Bodies Talk to Us
I am very active and have been part of taking care of the elderly . Had received an injury to the left side of my body at work. Had been experiencing pain and discomfort at times when being in certain positions not allowing me to do that task without grimacing. My body was telling me something. Started on the Prime Joint formula and after being on it for a while I noticed I was not having pain or discomfort because it does so much. I am blessed to be on this product which is even endorsed by Scotty Pippen. I love Basketball too.
I would buy this product again and again
It relieves my pain in the knee after taking about 2 weeks.
wouldnt be a day without it
I started taking this product over a year ago, My feet were hurting to the point I could hardly walk or wear shoes, within 6 weeks I was wearing regular shoes, Within 6 months walking 3 miles and now am able to do some light jogging,
Glucosamine (HCl) 1000 mg
Glucosamine is a molecule that is naturally synthesized in the body from glucose and the amino acid glutamine. Glucosamine is an important constituent of glycosaminoglycans in cartilage matrix and synovial fluid. As our bodies age, we are less able to produce glucosamine, resulting in cartilage that is less flexible and weak. Although the mechanism is currently unclear, studies have shown that glucosamine supplementation can support normal, healthy cartilage cell production to help maintain overall joint health.
Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol®) 25 mg
Pycnogenol is a water-soluble, flavonoid complex with powerful benefits. Pycnogenol, similar to the proanthocyanins found in grape seeds, is extracted from the bark of the French maritime pine tree. Numerous studies have examined the anti-inflammatory properties of Pycnogenol.
The body’s inflammatory response is a natural process. It is an essential component of the body’s defense system, and can be triggered from numerous internal and external factors. Pycnogenol has been shown help maintain the body’s natural defenses by inhibiting over active inflammatory responses associated with the normal aging process. Research has shown that Pycnogenol may inhibit the activation of NF-kappa B and AP-1, both of which are proinflammatory mediators. Pycnogenol supplementation can also promote normal COX-2 and 5-LOX gene expression, and support healthy leukotriene biosynthesis. In addition, studies have shown the ability of Pycnogenol to cross-link collagen fibers and strengthen connective tissue proteins.
To learn more about the relationship between Pycnogenol and joint health, follow the links below to read the full text studies.
Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) 25 mg
Hyaluronic acid plays an important role in tissue hydration, lubrication and cellular function. Although it is produced naturally by the body, the level of hyaluronic acid diminishes with age, contributing to joint discomfort. It is a key component of cartilage, and is important for skin, joint and eye health. Hyaluronic acid has been shown to help maintain strong, healthy cartilage. It may also enhance synovial fluid production and promote normal healing.
- Belcaro, G., et al. Variations in C-reactive protein, plasma free radicals and fibrinogen values in patients with osteoarthritis treated with Pycnogenol®. Redox Report. 13(6): 271-276, 2008.
- Blewis, M., et al. A model of synovial fluid lubricant composition in normal and injured joints. European Cells and Materials. 13: 26-39, 2007.
- Braham, R., et al. The effect of glucosamine supplementation on people experiencing regular knee pain. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 37(1): 45-49, 2003.
- Canali, R., et al. The anti-inflammatory pharmacology of Pycnogenol® in humans involves COX-2 and 5-LOX mRNA expression in leukocytes. International Immunopharmacology. 9(10): 1145-1149, 2009.
- Chang, X., et al. Inhibition of antithrombin by hyaluronic acid may be involved in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Research and Therapy. 7(2): R268-R273, 2005.
- Chou, M., et al. Effects of chondroitin and glucosamine sulfate in a dietary bar formulation on inflammation, interleukin-1beta, matrix metalloprotease-9, and cartilage damage in arthritis. Experimental Biology and Medicine. 230(4): 255-262, 2005.
- Cisár, P., et al. Effect of pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®) on symptoms of knee osteoarthritis. Phytotherapy Research. 22: 1087-1092, 2008.
- Elliott, A., et al. Serum hyaluronan levels and radiographic knee and hip osteoarthritis in African Americans and Caucasians in the Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 52(1): 105-111, 2005.
- Farid, R., et al. Pycnogenol® supplementation reduces pain and stiffness and improves physical function in adults with knee osteoarthritis. Nutrition Research. 27: 692-697, 2007.
- Gaby, A. Natural treatments for osteoarthritis. Alternative Medicine Review. 4(5): 330-341, 1999.
- Gouze, J., et al. Exogenous glucosamine globally protects chondrocytes from the arthritogenic effects of IL-1beta. Arthritis Research and Therapy. 8(6): R173
- Grimm, T., et al. Inhibition of NF-kappaB activation and MMP-9 secretion by plasma of human volunteers after ingestion of maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®). Journal of Inflammation. 3: 1-15, 2006.
- Hua, J., et al. Inhibitory actions of glucosamine, a therapeutic agent for osteoarthritis, on the functions of neutrophils. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. 71(4): 632-640, 2002.
- James, C. and Uhl, T. A review of articular cartilage pathology and the use of glucosamine sulfate. Journal of Athletic Training. 36(4): 413-419, 2001.
- Julovi, S., et al. Inhibition of interleukin-1beta-stimulated production of matrix metalloproteinases by hyaluronan via CD44 in human articular cartilage. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 50(2): 516-525, 2004.
- Laurent, T., et al. Functions of hyaluronan. Annals of the Rheumatic Disease. 54(5): 429-432, 1995.
- Kelly, G. The role of glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfates in the treatment of degenerative joint disease. Alternative Medicine Review. 3(1): 27-39, 1998.
- McDonald, J. and Levick, J. Hyaluronan reduces fluid escape rate from rabbit knee joints disparately from its effect on fluidity. Experimental Physiology. 79(1): 103-106, 1994.
- Nakatani, S., et al. Glucosamine regulates differentiation of a chondrogenic cell line, ATDC5. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 30(3): 433-438, 2007.
- Ohno, S., et al. Hyaluronan oligosaccharides induce matrix metalloproteinase 13 via transcriptional activation of NFkappaB and p38 MAP kinase in articular chondrocytes. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 281(26): 17952-17960, 2006.
- Poustie, M., et al. N-butyryl glucosamine increases matrix gene expression by chondrocytes. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 311(2): 610-616, 2004.
- Reginster, J., et al. Current concepts in the therapeutic management of osteoarthritis with glucosamine. Bulletin (Hospital for Joint Disease). 63(1-2): 31-36, 2005.
- Reginster, J., et al. Long-term effects of glucosamine sulphate on osteoarthritis progression: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Lancet. 357(9252): 251-256, 2001.
- Richy, F., et al. Structural and symptomatic efficacy of glucosamine and chondroitin in knee osteoarthritis: a comprehensive meta-analysis. Archives of Internal Medicine. 163(13): 1514-1522, 2003.
- Santangelo, K., et al. Effects of hyaluronan treatment on lipopolysaccharide-challenged fibroblast-like synovial cells. Arthritis Research and Therapy. 9(1): R1, 2007.
- Sasaki, A., et al. Hyaluronate inhibits the interleukin-1beta-induced expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and MMP-3 in human synovial cells. The Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine. 204(2): 99-107, 2004.
- Schäfer, A., et al. Inhibition of COX-1 and COX-2 activity by plasma of human volunteers after ingestion of French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®). Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy. 60: 5-9, 2006.
How should Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix be taken?
On an empty stomach, take two capfuls daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
What other products should I take with Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix to support my joint health?
Heart Health™ Essential Omega III is a great pair with Prime Joint Support Formula, as omega III fatty acids have been shown to support healthy joint lubrication.
How often should I take Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix?
This product is most effective when taken daily.
How much Pycnogenol® is in Prime Joint Support Formula by Isotonix?
There are 25 milligrams of Pycnogenol in each daily serving.