One of the PUREST and MOST POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS Available!
- Formulated with 6mg of the patented high-grade ingredient AstaREAL®
- Promotes optimal cardiovascular health & function
- Supports healthy vision & skin, blood flow & muscular endurance
- Effectively combats free radicals at the cellular level
- An extremely powerful anti-aging antioxidant in terms of the organs and systems they support
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Promotes healthy blood flow to and from the heart, supporting the body’s delivery of nutrients & removal of wastes
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels by helping to maintain normal serum triglycerides & HDL (good) cholesterol levels
- Protects LDL (bad cholesterol) from oxidative stress, which promotes healthy arteries
- Supports muscle endurance & performance by protecting skeletal muscle from oxidative stress generated by physical activity
- Promotes healthy skin by improving skin moisture & helping to maintain skin elasticity
- Helps reduce the occurrence of occasional eye fatigue
- Helps to prevent oxidative stress in the eye
- Supports healthy blood flow in the eye, promoting nourishment for the eye & helping to maintain proper eye function
- Supports healthy visual focus
- No Detectable GMOs
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Why Choose Prime Astaxanthin?
Prime Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula uses AstaReal® astaxanthin. With high quality and stability, AstaReal® astaxanthin ranks among the purest and most powerful antioxidants available. AstaReal® uses precision cultivation techniques in state-of the-art facilities, producing only 100 percent natural astaxanthin in a purified, sterile environment. *
Prime Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula delivers a 6 mg serving of this high-grade astaxanthin in a single serving, providing the optimal amount in every pill. This makes Prime Astaxanthin a giant step forward in the longevity revolution through its unequaled ability to combat free radicals at the cellular level. *
The power of Prime Astaxanthin to fight free radicals is of critical importance, but it must also be delivered to the body in sufficient amounts to be truly effective. Typical astaxanthin formulations contain only 2-4 mg per serving — an amount which falls short in delivering all possible benefits for the heart, eyes, skin and muscles. Prime Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula is made exclusively in a 6 mg serving, which is superior for promoting optimal cardiovascular function, supporting healthy vision and skin, blood flow and muscular endurance. * Together, the quantity and the quality delivered by Prime Astaxanthin yields anti-aging benefits second to none.
Daily exposure to free radicals — c ontained within the air we breathe and the food we eat — results in ongoing, long-term physical stress. The widespread oxidative stress they cause to all systems of the body is also believed to be a primary contributor to what we call the aging process. Prime Astaxanthin works against free radicals by providing powerful antioxidant defense to help protect the entire body on a cellular level.
Astaxanthin (AstaReal ® P2 AF 2%)(6 mg) Astaxanthin is a carotenoid that gives the reddish pigment to salmon, crab, krill and lobster. It is known for its powerful antioxidant effects and has been shown to be a superior free radical quencher when compared to other antioxidants like vitamin C, coenzyme Q10 and green tea. Astaxanthin’s unique structure includes long chains which allow it to cover the cell membrane and provide antioxidant protection in all layers, whereas other antioxidants are more limited.Japanese who are the uppermost consumers of food containing astaxanthin (AX) in the world and have the lowest incidences of heart diseases amongst developed countries. In addition, a growing body of scientific evidence points to a strong link between natural astaxanthin and cardiovascular health. There have been 30 cardiovascular-specific research publications, including 10 clinical studies, investigating possible benefits of astaxanthin on both blood lipid levels and blood vessels. These studies have shown that astaxanthin helps maintain normal levels of HDL and triglycerides when consumed orally. Three recent clinical studies support astaxanthin’s ability to help maintain healthy blood vessels. Other recent human studies indicate that astaxanthin supports cardiovascular health. A series of human studies suggest that astaxanthin helps maintain healthy blood pressure by promoting healthy blood flow and vascular tone. Astaxanthin supports cardiovascular health in several ways.
In addition to its effects on cardiovascular health, astaxanthin promotes healthy visual accommodation and retinal capillary blood flow. The exact mechanism by which astaxanthin supports vision is unknown, though some believe that by promoting blood flow to the ciliary body, it provides nourishment for the ciliary muscles. Astaxanthin is also believed to work by promoting normal NF-kB activation by oxygen radicals, which may explain how it helps to alleviate occasional eye fatigue.
What is Astaxanthin? Astaxanthin is a carotenoid that gives the reddish pigment to salmon, crab, krill and lobster. It is known for its highly powerful antioxidant effects and has been shown to be a superior free radical quencher when compared to many other antioxidants. Astaxanthin’s unique structure includes long chains, which allow it to cover the cell membrane and provide antioxidant protection in all layers, whereas other antioxidants are more limited.
Where is the astaxanthin in Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula sourced from? This product uses only AstaReal® Astaxanthin, which is manufactured from carefully cultivated microalgae ( Haematococcus pluvialis) in state-of-the-art facilities located in Gustavsberg, Sweden. In contrast to generic varieties, AstaReal astaxanthin is unsurpassed for quality control and consistency in manufacture. Guaranteed for high quality and stability, AstaReal astaxanthin is the most frequently selected for clinical research and testing in nutritional applications.
Who should take Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula? Adults looking for support of their cardiovascular health and normal cholesterol levels, powerful antioxidant defense, the promotion of healthy vision and muscular endurance and performance. *
Why is this product placed in the Prime™ product line? Astaxanthin is an extremely powerful anti-aging antioxidant in terms of the organs and systems it supports. While the benefits it offers can be enjoyed by anyone, it is more likely to benefit that segment of the population over the age of 40, who are more frequently concerned with issues concerning cardiovascular health and cholesterol, vision and skin, as well as muscular health. *
What is the recommended serving of Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula? The recommended serving for adults over the age of 18 is one 6mg softgel per day.
Is Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula suitable for use by both men and women? Yes. Astaxanthin is beneficial for both men and women. Please read the product label for any product warnings. Does Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula need to be taken on an empty stomach? No. In fact, it is recommended that this product be taken along with a meal for optimal absorption.
Which products are best combined with Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula? Prime Astaxanthin can be combined with products such as Isotonix ® Multivitamin, Isotonix ® Resveratrol, Isotonix ® Vision Formula, Prime™ Ultimate Longevity Formula, Heart Health™ Advanced Lipitrim Ultra and Heart Health™ Essential Omega III.
Can Prime™ Astaxanthin Cardio & Visual Vitality Formula be taken by people who are allergic to shellfish? Yes. Although astaxanthin is present in shellfish, Prime Astaxanthin does not use shellfish as a source of ingredients. Prime Astaxanthin uses only AstaReal ® astaxanthin, which is extracted from cultivated microalgae within indoor facilities — a carefully controlled environment.
- Aoi, W., et al. Astaxanthin improves muscle lipid metabolism in exercise via inhibitory effect of oxidative CPT I modification. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Com. 366:892–897, 2008.
- Camera, E., et al. Astaxanthin, canthaxanthin and beta-carotene differently affect UVA-induced oxidative damage and expression of oxidative stress-responsive enzymes. Exp Dermatol. 18(3):222-31, 2009.
- Choi et al. Effects of astaxanthin on oxidative stress in overweight and obese adults. Phytother Research (in-press), 2011.
- Hussein, G., et al. Antihypertensive potential and mechanism of action of astaxanthin: II. Vascular reactivity and hemorheology in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 28(6):967-971, 2005.
- Hussein, G., et al. Antihypertensive and neuroprotective effects of astaxanthin in experimental animals. Biol Pharm Bull. 28(1):47-52, 2005.
- Ikeuchi, M., et al. Effects of astaxanthin supplementation on exercise-induced fatigue in mice. Bio. Pharm. Bull. 29(10):2106-2110, 2006.
- Iwabayashi, et al . Efficacy and safety of eight-week treatment with astaxanthin in individuals screened for increased oxidative stress burden. Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine. 6(4):15-21, 2009.
- Iwamoto, et al . , (2000). Inhibition of low-density lipoprotein oxidation by astaxanthin. Journal of Atherosclerosis Thrombosis. 7(4):216-22, 2000.
- Karppi, et al . Effects of astaxanthin supplementation on lipid peroxidation. Int J Vitam Nutr. Jan; 77 (1): 3-11, 2007.
- Kenji, S., et al. Effect of astaxanthin on accommodation and asthenopia. Efficacy-induced study in healthy volunteers. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(6): 637-650, 2005.
- Malmsten, C. and Lignell, A. Dietary supplementation with astaxanthin rich algal meal improves muscle endurance – a double blind study on male students. Carotenoid Science. 13:20-22, 2008.
- Matsuyama, et al . A safety study on the long-term consumption of astaxanthin in healthy human volunteer. Japanese Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (7):43-50, 2010.
- Miyawaki, et al . Effects of astaxanthin on human blood rheology. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(4):421-429, 2005.
- Nagaki, Y., et al. The supplementation effect of Astaxanthin on accommodation and asthenopia. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 22(1): 41-54, 2006.
- Nagaki, Y., et al. Effects of astaxanthin on accommodation, critical flicker fusion, and pattern visual evoked potential in visual display terminal workers. Journal of Traditional Medicines. 19: 170-173, 2002.
- Nagaki, Y., et al. Effects of astaxanthin on retinal capillary blood flow in normal volunteers. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(5): 537-542, 2005.
- Naguib, Y. The antioxidant activities of astaxanthin and related carotenoids. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 48(4): 1150-1154, 2000.
- Nakagawa, et al . Antioxidant effect of astaxanthin on phospholipid peroxidation in human erythrocytes. British Journal of Nutrition. (31):1-9, 2011.
- Nakamura, A., et al. Changes in visual function following peroral astaxanthin. Japanese Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology. 58(6): 1051-1054, 2004.
- Nanako, T. and Masayoshi, K. Effects of astaxanthin on accommodation recovery. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(4): 431-436, 2005.
- Nitta, T., et al. Effects of astaxanthin on accommodation and asthenopia. Dose finding study in healthy volunteers. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics and Medicines. 21(5): 543-546, 2005.
- Preuss et al . Astaxanthin lowers blood pressure and lessens the activity of the eroxi-angiotensin system in Zucker Fatty Rats. Journal of Functional Foods. I: 13-22, 2009.
- Ruiz, et al. Astaxanthin-enriched-diet reduces blood pressure and improves cardiovascular parameters in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Pharmacological Research. 63(1):44-50, 2010.
- Santocono, M., et al. Influence of astaxanthin, zeaxanthin, and lutein on DNA damage and repair UVA-irradiated cells. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. 85(3): 205-215, 2006.
- Satoh, et al. Preliminary clinical evaluation of toxicity and efficacy of a new astaxanthin-rich Hameotoccus pluvialis . J. Clin. Biochem. Nutr. 44: 280–284, 2009.
- Sawaki, K., et al. Sports performance benefits from taking natural astaxanthin characterized by visual activity and muscle fatigue improvements in humans. J. Clin. Ther. Med. 18(9):73-88, 2002.
- Takahashi N, Kajita M. Effects of astaxanthin on accommodative recovery. J. Clin. Therap. Med. 21(4):431-436, 2005.
- Tominaga, et al. Protective effects of astaxanthin against single oxygen induced damage in human dermal fibroblasts in-vitro. Food Style. 21, 13(1):84-86, 2009.
- Yamashita, et al. Cosmetic benefit of the supplement health food combined astaxanthin and tocotrienol on human skin. Food Style. 21. 6(6):112-117, 2002.
- Yamashita, et al. The Effects of a Dietary Supplement Containing Astaxanthin on Skin Condition. Carotenoid Science. 10:91-95, 2006.
- Yoshida, et al . Administration of natural astaxanthin increases serum HDL-cholesterol and adiponectin in subjects with mild hyperlipidemia. Atherosclerosis. 209 (2): 520-3, 2010.
- Zhao, et al. Ameliorative effect of astaxanthin on endothelial dysfunction in streptozotocin-induced diabetes in male rats. Arzneimittelforschung. 61(4): 239-246, 2011.