Children will develop word recognition skills, build their capacity to identify and comprehend words automatically and improve reading fluency. 100 fill-in-the blank reproducible practice pages are ready to go for children to complete charming poems.
- Each page provides repeated opportunities to spell, write and read sight words
- Poems feature predictable, rhyming text and tie in with popular themes such as weather, seasons and "all about me"
- Also perfect for independent reading or read aloud practice
- Ages 3 years and up
- (K) Recognizing common types of texts (storybooks, poems)
- (K) Reading common high-frequency words by sight
- (K) Blending & segmenting onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words
- RF.K.2a Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- RL.1.10 With prompting and support, read prose and poetry of appropriate complexity for grade 1.
- RL.2.4 Describe how words and phrases (e.g., regular beats, alliteration, rhymes, repeated lines) supply rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song.
- RF.K.3a Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
- RL.1.4 Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
- RF.2.3f Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.