Primary Benefits of Timeless Prescription® PrevaDerm™:
- Enhances the body’s natural defenses against acne-causing bacteria
- Supports the immune system
- Provides antioxidant protection for cellular health
- Helps maintain healthy skin at the cellular level
- Minimizes the appearance and frequency of acne
- Helps maintain a clear complexion
- Assists in normalizing discolored or swollen skin
- Helps maintain a smooth and even-toned complexion
- Promotes the healing/repair of minor damage to skin cells (caused by acne)
- Supports a healthy complexion
What Makes Timeless Prescription® PrevaDerm™ Anti-Blemish Formula Unique?
Timeless Prescription® PrevaDerm™ addresses acne from the inside out. It helps to enhance the body’s natural defense against acne-causing bacteria. By attacking acne at its root, you can be confident that you are solving the problem - not just covering it up. PrevaDerm supports the immune system and provides antioxidant protection for cellular health. PrevaDerm will safely help you to maintain a clear complexion and give you results that you can see.
Key Ingredients in Timeless Prescription® PrevaDerm™ Anti-Blemish :
Lactoferrin (Praventin™) 100 mg
Praventin is a patent pending, proprietary, bioactive, protein complex rich in Lactoferrin. Lactoferrin is a glycoprotein isolated from bovine milk, found as a minor protein component of whey proteins. Lactoferrin contains 703 amino acids and has a molecular weight of 80 kilodaltons. In addition to its presence in milk, it is also found in exocrine secretions of mammals and is released from neutrophil granules during inflammation.
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 125 mg
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is a derivative of the sulfur-containing amino acid, cysteine. It is produced naturally in the body and is found in foods. NAC is an intermediary (along with glutamic acid and glycine) in the conversion of cysteine into glutathione, the body’s primary cellular antioxidant. NAC’s proposed benefits in human health are thought to originate from either of its two primary actions in the body. First, NAC is rapidly metabolized to intracellular glutathione. Glutathione (GTH) and the enzyme complexes that it forms act as reducing agents and antioxidants in the body. GTH also detoxifies chemicals into less harmful compounds, as well as detoxifying heavy metals such as mercury and lead. GTH has been shown promote the normal transport of nutrients to two major classes of immune cells, lymphocytes and phagocytes, and to promote the health of cell membranes. NAC acts as an antioxidant on its own to neutralize free radicals (ROS) and their damages on tissue. NAC is incorporated into glutathione that works to support the health of ROS cells. NAC is necessary for normal skin formation and repair, and aids in neutralizing toxins. It also promotes skin elasticity and texture.
Guggulsterones 125 mg
Guggul may promote a clear complexion by working on comedogenesis through the same mechanism by which it helps maintain normal cholesterol levels. Guggul appears to help the body maintain normal cholesterol levels by promoting the normal activities of the Farnesoid X Receptor in the cells of the liver and intestine. FXR is activated in the presence of bile salts for the re-uptake of bile salts back into the body from the small intestine. Guggul appears to promote normal FXR activities, as well as to support the normal activities of the bile salt export pump (BSEP), which allows for normal excretion of bile from the body. This promotes the normal excretion of cholesterol, which is a component of bile. By promoting the normal output of cholesterol in bile salts, the body is forced to use stored cholesterol to synthesize new bile salts. By maintaining normal amounts of cholesterol in the body, there is not an abundance of cholesterol available for the biosynthesis of testosterone and sebum. Testosterone, when in excess, will trigger sebaceous (oil) glands to produce an excess of sebum (natural skin oils). An excess of sebum collects in and clogs pores, resulting in acne. Guggul may promote a clear complexion by helping to maintain normal cholesterol levels in the body.
Zinc 7.5 mg
Zinc is an essential trace mineral that has functions in approximately 300 different enzyme reactions. Zinc plays a part in almost all biochemical pathways and physiological processes. Zinc is found in virtually all body tissues, with the majority contained within the bones and muscles. Because zinc is involved in such a great number of enzymatic processes, it has been found to positively affect a large range of issues, including digestion, energy production, growth, cellular repair, collagen synthesis, bone strength, cognitive function and carbohydrate metabolism a insulin.
- Britigan, B., et al. The Role of Lactoferrin as an Anti-Inflammatory Molecule. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 357: 143-156, 1994.
- Brock, J. Lactoferrin: a Multifunctional Immunoregulatory Protein. Immunology Today. 16(9): 417-419, 1995.
- Dawson, J. Eight-Week Data Analysis Report for Bioactive Protein and Teenage Acne Test Market and Consumer Research Study. DMV International. 2005.
- De Flora, S., et al. Mechanisms of N-Acetylcysteine in the Prevention of DNA Damage and Cancer, with Special Reference to Smoking Related End-Points. Carcinogenesis. 22 (7): 999-1013, 2001.
- Dreno, B., et al. Effect of Zinc Gluconate on Propionibacterium Acnes Resistance to Erythromycin in Patients with Inflammatory Acne: In Vitro and In Vivo Study. European Journal of Dermatology. 15(3): 152-155, 2005.
- Emonet-Piccardi, N., et al. Protective Effects of Antioxidants against UVA-Induced DNA Damage in Human Skin Fibroblasts in Culture. Free Radical Research. 29(4): 307-313, 1998.
- Farnaud, S. and Evans, R. Lactoferrin—a Multifunctional Protein with Antimicrobial Properties. Molecular Immunology. 40: 395-405, 2003.
- Ito, S. A Chemist’s View of Melanogenesis. Pigment Cell Research. 16: 230-236, 2003.
- Jaideep, D., et al. Oral Gugulipid in Acne Vulgaris Management. Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology. 56(%): 381-383, 1990.
- Malorni, W., et al. The Antioxidant N-Acetyl-Cysteine Protects Cultured Epithelial Cells from Menadione-Induced Cytopathology. Chemico-Biological Interactions. 96(2): 113-123, 1995.
- Meschino, J. Vitamin Supplementation in the Prevention and Management of Skin Conditions. Nutra Therapeutics. 23: 1-9, 2005.
- Reliene, R. and Schiestl, R. Glutathione Depletion by Buthionine Sulfoximine Induces DNA Deletions in Mice. Carcinogenesis. 27(2): 240-244, 2006.
- Rink, L. and Kirchner, H. Zinc- Altered Immune Function and Cytokine Production. The Journal of Nutrition. 133: 1452S- 1456S, 2003.
- Rostan, E., et al. Evidence Supporting Zinc as an Important Antioxidant for Skin. International Journal of Dermatology. 41: 606-611, 2002.
- Shah, N. P. Effects of Milk-Derived Bioactives: an Overview. British Journal of Nutrition. 84(1): S3-S10, 2000.
- Teraguchi, S., et al. Protection against Infections by Oral Lactoferrin: Evaluation in Animal Models. BioMetals. 17: 231-234. 2004.
- Thappa, D. and Dogra J. Nodulocystic Acne: Oral Gugulipid versus Tetracycline. Journal of Dermatology. 21(10): 729-731, 1994.
- Valenti, P., et al. Lactoferrin Functions: Current Status and Perspectives. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 38(2): S127-S129, 2004.
- Viora, M., et al. Redox Imbalance and Immune Functions: Opposite Effects of Oxidized Low-Density Lipoproteins and N-Acetylcysteine. Immunology. 104: 431-438, 2001.
- Ward, P. and Conneely, O. Lactoferrin: Role in Iron Homeostasis and Host Defense against Microbial Infection. BioMetals. 17: 203-208, 2004.
- Yarnell, E. and Abascal, K. Herbal Medicine for Acne Vulgaris. Alternative & Complementary Therapies. 303-309, 2006.
Frequently Asked Questions About Timeless Prescription® PrevaDerm™:
What are signs that I need PrevaDerm?
If you constantly battle acne or have minor acne scarring, and creams and ointments have not helped, then PrevaDerm is right for you.
If I am taking Isotonix OPC-3®, can I take PrevaDerm?
Yes. Isotonix OPC-3 is an antioxidant-defense formula, and while PrevaDerm also has antioxidant qualities, it works very differently than OPC-3, focusing on free radicals associated with acne. Antioxidants help to normalize free radical activity, so you don’t have to worry about taking too many antioxidants.
If I am using an over-the-counter acne system, can I use it with PrevaDerm?
Yes, if it is topical. We would not recommend taking PrevaDerm with another oral supplement.
If I am taking prescription acne medication, can I also take PrevaDerm?
You must first check with your physician before using any dietary supplement.
Will PrevaDerm also work on blemishes on my back and shoulders?
The lactoferrin study was based on facial acne. The assumption is that the results would be the same on other parts of the body, but we have no substantiation for that.
Can teenagers use PrevaDerm?
The studies for our primary ingredients, lactoferrin and guggul, did focus primarily on teenagers/young adult male and female participants. However, we recommend that you consult your physician before using any dietary supplement.
When should I start to see results?
You should begin to see results within six to eight weeks.
What are the side effects of taking PrevaDerm?
There are no known side effects.
What if I have mild acne? Can I benefit from PrevaDerm?
Yes. PrevaDerm is helpful for all types of acne.
How does PrevaDerm work?
PrevaDerm works to enhance the body’s natural defenses against acne-causing bacteria, support the immune system, provide antioxidant protection for cellular health, help maintain healthy skin at the cellular level, minimize the appearance and frequency of acne, help maintain a clear complexion, help normalize discolored or swollen skin, reduce the effects of the inflammation mediator lipopolysaccharides (LPS) - released by acne-related bacteria, help maintain a smooth and even toned complexion, promote the healing/repair of minor damage to skin cells (caused by acne), and support a healthy complexion.
What other Market America products complement PrevaDerm?
Many of our products complement PrevaDerm, including Isotonix OPC-3®, Skintelligence® Oxygen Plus™ and OPC-3® Beauty Blend.
How does PrevaDerm compare to OPC-3 Beauty Blend?
PrevaDerm promotes a clear complexion and provides the skin with antioxidants for healing. OPC-3 Beauty Blend is formulated to promote skin elasticity, support normal collagen production, replenish essential vitamins and minerals for the skin, and provide the skin and body with an antioxidant defense.
Can I take OPC-3 Beauty Blend and PrevaDerm at the same time?