What Makes Torch™ Pre-Burn Unique?* Optimizing your workout means more than just powering through a few more reps, running an extra mile or signing up for one more aerobics class. Your physical performance depends on the strength and proper function of your muscles, your energy levels and the ability of your body to recover after workouts, and science is instrumental in determining and optimizing those factors. To boost performance and realize your maximum athletic potential, muscle must meet science at two critical points: immediately before your workout and immediately after. For body builders and serious athletes looking to add a few extra reps, runners who want to bump those three-mile runs to five, mothers wanting to get back into shape after having a baby and middle-aged men and women starting to feel their age, we've combined the science of nutrition with the needs of athletes for a powerful pre- and post-workout supplement regimen. Designed to be taken as a complete workout supplement system, the Torch sports nutrition line will help you optimize your workout, increase muscle growth and aid in muscle recovery. Torch: Pre-Burn is for anyone who wants that extra boost in their workout to deliver peak performance. Torch Pre-Burn is formulated to increase energy and muscle growth, stimulate ATP production, provide peak performance, and support the body with an antioxidant and cardiovascular defense.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Primary Benefits of Torch™ Pre-Burn*:
- Supports muscular performance and endurance during exercise
- Increases energy and stimulates muscle growth
- Promotes healthy nitric oxide levels (supports blood flow to muscles and brain; supports optimal muscular endurance)
- Meets athlete's need for iron (which is increased due to turnover of myoglobin in muscle cells and hemoglobin in red blood cells)
- Provides antioxidant defense
- Offers cardiovascular support
- Enhances ATP production
When considering pre-workout formulas there are a few questions to consider:
Will the product support performance during workouts?
Will the product increase energy and stimulate muscle growth?
Does the product offer cardiovascular support, provide antioxidant defense and enhance ATP production?
If the answer to all these questions isn’t yes, then replace with Torch Pre Burn. Whether you are looking to push up a few extra reps, or trying to add another mile to your daily run, Torch Pre Burn is formulated to increase energy and stimulate muscle growth while delivering peak performance.
Key Ingredients Found in Torch™ Pre-Burn:
Arginine is an amino acid valued by athletes because of its participation in protein synthesis. Arginine is involved in a number of other roles in the body, such as the detoxification of ammonia formed during the catabolism of amino acids via the formation of urea.
The principal function of carnitine is to facilitate the transport of long-chain fatty acids to mitochondria for energy production. In addition, carnitine promotes normal metabolism of BCAAs, ammonia detoxification and lactic acid clearance from tissue. Strenuous exercise results in high levels of lactic acid in muscle tissue, which causes the blood and tissues to be acidic. Carnitine promotes the normal removal of plasma toxins and helps promote ATP production, supporting muscular performance and enduance during strenuous physical activity.
Vitamin E and Vitamin C
Prolonged or strenuous exercising can overexert the body's ability to neutralize the reactive oxygen species created. These pro-oxidants damage cell structure and cause oxidative stress. Supplementation with antioxidants, vitamin E and C, has been shown to decrease the exercise-induced increase in the rate of lipid peroxidation. A recent study at the University of Oregon, Corvallis, found the combination of vitamins C and E dimished endurance exercise-induced lipid peroxidation in ultramarathon runners.
Vitamin C is involved in a number of biochemical pathways that are important to exercise metabolism and the health of exercising individuals. In a placebo-controlled study researchers concluded that vitamin C supplementation defends against oxidative stress and supports normal erythrocyte integrity during exercise.
B-vitamins include thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), folate, pyridoxine (B6) and cyanocobalamin (B12). These vitamins are essential for breaking down carbohydrates into glucose (providing energy for the body); breaking down fats and proteins (aids in normal nervous system function); and maintaining muscle tone. Requirements for B-vitamins are increased due to stress on metabolic pathways and increase in metabolism.
To meet the demands of a high-intensity exercise, such as weightlifting, muscles derive energy from andenosine triphosphate (ATP), which provides energy through the release of phosphate, forming adenosine diphosphate (ADP). The amount of ATP stored in the muscle will only fuel a maximum effort such as lifting a weight for a few seconds. The ATP must be regenerated by regaining the lost phosphate from creatine phosphate. Creatine supplementation extends the duration of your exercise routine by increasing the stores of creatine phosphate, making more ATP available to fuel the working muscles. Creatine has been shown to increase muscular strength and muscle fiber size. In addition, creatine supplementation enhances performance in swimming, all-out cycling, sprinting, repeated jumping and resistance training.
Scientific Studies Which Support Torch™ Pre-Burn:
- Burke, G, et al, The effect of whey protein supplementation with and without creatine monohydrate combined with resistance training on lean tissue mass and muscle strength. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 11, 3:349-64 (2001)
- Ohtani M, et al, Amino acid mixture improves training efficiency in athletes. J Nutr 136, 2:538S-543S (2006)
- Blomstrand E, et al, Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. J Nutr 136, (1 Suppl): 269S-73S (2006)
- Rennie MJ, et al, Branched-chain amino acids as fuel and anabolic signals in human muscle. J Nutr 136, (1 Suppl): 264S-8S (2006)
- Shimomura Y, et al, Exercise promotes BCAA catabolism: effects of BCAA supplementation on skeletal muscle during exercise. J Nutr 134, (6 Suppl): 1583S-1587S (2004)
- Tipton KD, et al, Ingestion of casein and whey proteins result in muscle anabolism after resistance exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc 36, 12:2073-81 (2004)
- Tong BC, Barbul, A. Cellular and physiological effects of arginine. Mini Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry 2004;4(8):823-32.
- Schaefer A, et al, L-arginine reduces exercise-induced increase in plasma lactate and ammonia. Int J Sports Med 23, 6:403-7 (2002)
- Vandenberghe k, Goris M, Van Hecke P, Van Leemputte M, et al. Long-term creatine intake is beneficial to muscle performance and pharmacokinetic considerations. J Appl Physiol 83:2055-2063 (1997)
- Volek JS, Duncan ND, Mazzetti SA, Putukian M. Performance and muscle fiber adaptations to creatine supplementation and heavy resistance training. Med Sci Sports Exerc 31:1147-1156 (1999)
- Juhn MS, Tarnopolsky M. Oral creatine supplementation and athletic performance: A critical review. Clin J Sport Med 8:286-297 (1998)
- Brass, EP. Supplemental carnitine and exercise. Am J Clin Nutr 72 (2 Suppl):618S-23S (2000)
- Volek JS. L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress. Am J Physiol Endocinol Metab 282: E474-482 (2002)
- Karlic H, et al, Supplementation of L-carnitine in athletes: does it make sense? Nutrition 20 (7-8) 709-15 (2004)
- Marzatico F, et al, Blood free radical antioxidant enzymes and lipid peroxides following long-distance and lactacidemic performances in highly trained aerobic and sprint athletes. JSports Med Phys Fitness. 37, 4:235-9 (1997)
- Evans WJ. Vitamin E, vitamin C, and exercise. Am J Clin Nutr. 72, (2 Suppl):647S-52S, (2000)
- Mastaloudis A, et al, Antioxidant supplementation prevents exercise-induced lipid peroxidation, but not inflammation, in ultramarathon runners. Free Radic Biol Med. 36, 10:1329-41 (2004)
- Peake JM. Vitamin C: effects of exercise and requirements with training. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 13, 2:125-51 (2003)
- Manore MM. Effect of physical activity on thiamine, riboflavin, and vitamin B-6 requirements. Am J Clin Nutr 72 (2 Suppl): 598S-606S (2000)
- Murphy AJ, et al, Effects of creatine supplementation on aerobic power and cardiovascular structure and function. J Sci Med Sport 8, 3:305-13 (2005)
Frequently Asked Questions About Torch™ Pre-Burn*:
How much time should I allow before I workout to take the Torch Pre-Burn?
Torch Pre-Burn was designed to be taken 15 to 30 minutes prior to competition, exercise or intense physical activities to improve energy, focus and concentration.
Why use a pre-workout formula?
To help improve muscular performance and endurance during exercise, and increase energy and stimulate muscle growth.
What are the active ingredients in Torch Pre-Burn that will enhance my workout?
The B-Vitamins plus creatine, L-Arginine AKG, Glucuronolactone, and L-Citrulline.
Will Torch Pre-Burn make my heart race?
Torch Pre-Burn should not make your heart race. However, if you experience increased heart rate, please consult a physician.
How is Torch Pre-Burn different from Torch After-Burn?
Torch Pre-Burn was developed to help increase focus, stamina and build muscle mass during a workout. It contains creatine for a more efficient regeneration of ATP.
An outstanding pre-workout!
This product is awesome. If your someone who has found a good pre-workout drink or keeps buying new mixes to find that perfect one then is it. I cannot speak for others who have not tried it keep in mind. Every time i go to the supplement store the guy recommends something different, so how do you know what is best? You won't unless you talk to someone that you trust and isn't trying to sell something. For me this is it. The price might be high, but when compared to other products similar it is cost effective, it does the job and best of all it is healthy for you. I am glad that they brought this back. My younger brother is a gym fanatic and football player and he loves it. A drink that is packed with vitamins that doesn't give you a nervous feeling/jittery feeling and helps you last longer in the gym. It is great, but you will never know for your self till you try it!