Universal Audio LA-610 MkII Classic Tube Microphone Preamplifier
The LA-610 defined the affordable, ultimate vintage tone channel strip. So how can UA improve on tonal perfection in what was already a hit product? Enter the sequel... LA-610 Mk II, a second-generation revamp of the original 2005 LA-610 design. While the preamp and compressor are identical to the original LA-610 that users have come to know and love, user-requested features such as true compressor bypass, larger metering, improved output signal, an auto-sensing power supply have been added bringing the end user an enhanced user experience. The LA-610 Mk II also features the highly popular "black on black" cosmetics of the LA-610 Signature Edition.
# Based on Legendary Bill Putnam 610 Tube Mic Pre and EQ Used on Countless Classic Recordings
# Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 Opto-Compressor
# Complete vintage channel-strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach
# Mic Pre with Gain and Level controls, variable impedance switching, and Instrument DI for recording tone "color"
# Mk II Features such as True Bypass, Larger Metering and Improved Signal Output
# UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA
The LA-610 Mk II packs tremendous sonic versatility and is an ideal front-end for tracking with modern DAW's and the serious project studio looking to get the UA sonic experience: Real quality and character at an accessible price. The LA-610 Mk II is based on the legendary console modules developed by Bill Putnam in the 60's. Noted for their musical character and warmth, countless classics from Sinatra to Van Halen have been recorded using these preamps.
After the preamp section, the LA-610 Mk II offers the T4 optical compressor. The simple operation and program dependent nature of the LA-610 T4 compressor provides the same extremely musical control that has made the LA-2A such a well-loved classic for over 40 years. The electro-optical detector or "T4 cell" is the very heart and soul of the Teletronix LA-2A. The unique combination of electroluminescent panel and photo-resistors inside the T4 cell are the crucial circuit components that give both compressors their signature sound. Specifications
- Microphone Input Impedance: Selectable, 500 ohms or 2k ohms
- Balanced Line Input Impedance: 20k ohms
- Hi-Z Input Impedance: Selectable, 2.2M ohms or 47k ohms
- Maximum Microphone Input Level: -8 dBu (2K input Imp. & 15 dB Pad in)
- Maximum Output Level: 80 ohms
- Recommended Minimum Load: 600ohms
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.5dB
- Maximum Gain: 40 dB (Line), +77dB (Mic)
- Noise Floor: -72 dBu 20-20kHz (Line In, unity Gain)
- Compressor Ratio: 3:1, soft knee, program dependent
- Limiter Ratio: Infinity: 1, soft knee, program dependent
- Attack Time: 10 ms, program dependent
- Release Time: Dual stage: 60 ms for 1st release, then 1-15 seconds
- Tube Complement: (3) 12AX7, (1) 12AT7, (1) EL84
- Power Requirements: 100V / 120V / 240V
- Power Consumption: 30 Watts
- Power Connector: Detachable IEC power cable
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 19 x 3.5 x 12.25 in. (two rack spaces)
- Weight: 12 lbs
This product has not yet been reviewed. Be the first to write a review.