Our skin is under constant attack from environmental factors and, as we age, the protective systems of our body become overworked and begin to break down. Fight back with VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum to help slow down the aging process. OPCs are powerful extracts, rich in bioflavonoids found in grape seed, pine bark and red wine. These extracts contain a high content of polyphenols and are effective in neutralizing free radicals. These extracts promote healthy collagen for firm skin and support the elasticity of skin. Other ingredients in VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum, such as vitamins C and E, hyaluronic acid and yeast beta-glucan extract, promote the production of collagen and moisturize the skin for optimal skin health. This revolutionary formula utilizes a unique delivery system called Lipoplex™, created exclusively for use in VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum. The Lipoplex™ system uses unique nutrient carriers known as liposomes that are large enough to carry the OPC-3 Triple Serum nutrients, yet small enough to penetrate the epidermal and dermal layers of the skin. Lipoplex delivers nutrients and antioxidants, using a prolonged and controlled time release for maximum absorption and benefit. More importantly, it extends product efficacy while reducing skin irritation. The vitamin C in VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum is not mixed with the formula during manufacturing due to vitamin C’s naturally unstable composition. Instead, the vitamin C is mixed in directly before using the product. This ensures that the vitamin C will not oxidize before being used and the customer will receive full benefits from VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum.
VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum is designed to work in conjunction with the other VitaShield products and should be applied daily. VitaShield products can also be used separately with wonderful results.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Protects against the effects of free radicals
- Provides strong antioxidant protection
- Helps maintain youthful-looking skin
- Helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Promotes healthy skin elasticity and firmness
- Promotes collagen synthesis for firmer-looking skin
- Promotes healthy cell growth for smooth, radiant-looking skin
- Refines skin tone
- Increases inter-cellular moisture retention
- Moisturizes the skin
Grape Seed (Proanthocyanidins) Grape seed is an antioxidant that promotes healthy skin.
Pine Bark Pine bark is an antioxidant that helps soothe skin, promotes capillary health and supports skin elasticity. Pine bark can help support circulation and help protect collagen and elastin.
Red Wine Red wine is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect against free radicals.
Green Tea Green tea has protective effects against free radicals.
Gingko Biloba Gingko Biloba is an antioxidant. Gingko Biloba supports healthy collagen to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Vitamin C Vitamin C supports the synthesis and protection of collagen, the support structure of the skin. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that protects against the effects of free radicals on the skin's elastin and collagen, and diminishes the appearance of dark circles caused by excess stress, pollution and fatigue.
Beta-Glucan Extracts Beta-Glucan extracts help hydrate the skin, and supports firmness, skin color and elasticity, while also helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Vitamin E (Tocotrienols) Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant for protection against free radicals. Vitamin E moisturizes and soothes the skin.
Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) Hyaluronic acid provides superior, long-term moisturization. Hyaluronic acid is a component in cartilage that attracts and retains hundreds of times its own weight in water.
What is the purpose of the VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum? VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum is an advanced antioxidant shield that protects the skin from free-radicals. Its patent pending Lipoplex™ delivery system allows its beneficial ingredients to penetrate into the dermis where they provide maximum protection and benefit. Why isn't the vitamin C mixed with the other ingredients when it is manufactured? Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is very unstable and begins to oxidize shortly after it comes into contact with the aqueous solution. If the vitamin C was mixed with the other ingredients during manufacturing, by the time the customer received it, the oxidation process would have eliminated all of its benefits.
How much vitamin C is in the VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum? Each capsule contains approximately 210 mg of 100 percent pure vitamin C. This equates to 3 percent of the total formula.
Can I use VitaShieldVitamin C Intensive Treatment along with VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum? Absolutely! The vitamin C in VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum is designed to penetrate quickly into the skin; whereas the vitamin C contained in VitaShield Vitamin C Intensive Treatment is in a non-aqueous base and provides sustained release into the skin. The combination of vitamin C in both products provides the most effective delivery for maximum vitamin C benefits.
Note: Should you experience any temporary skin irritation due to the combined high dosages of vitamin C, exclude the VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum in the morning. In the evening, use VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum, but omit VitaShield Vitamin C Intensive Treatment.
How do I use VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum? To ensure proper application follow the steps below:
- Remove the silver neck band.
- Place vial on a hard surface (not on glass) or hold firmly in your hand. Press down firmly on the activator cap (the white piston valve on top of vial) to release the vitamin C into the vial. The piston can also be pushed down using the thumb.
Note : The piston should be depressed completely.
- Tap the top of the vial to assure that all of the vitamin C has dispersed into the vial.
- Shake the vial vigorously for about one minute to mix the pure vitamin C with the emulsion.
- Remove the plastic inner cap.
- Replace inner cap with the white applicator tip.
- Your 10-12 day treatment is ready for use. Using the flexible tip of the white applicator cap, squeeze a few drops onto your fingers. Massage into skin on face and neck until completely absorbed. Avoid the areas around the eyes to ensure there is no irritation.
When do you recommend using VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum? VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum should be applied in the morning after cleansing and toning. Apply several drops to your fingertips and spread over facial area. Follow with VitaShieldVitamin C & E Moisturizer and VitaShield Vitamin C Intensive Treatment. Use VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum every day. On days where you have prolonged exposure to the sun, use morning and evening.
Why must I use this product within 10-12 days after it has been activated? Vitamin C remains fully active for about 12 days after it comes in contact with an aqueous solution. VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum is in an emulsion which contains water. Each vial contains sufficient product to last 10-12 days. More importantly, you should use this productevery day for maximum free radical protection.
Aside from the free-radical protection provided by VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum, what other benefits are there in using this product? VitaShield OPC-3 Triple Serum provides other significant benefits in addition to the free radical protection from its state-of-the-art antioxidant ingredients. A patented Beta-Lucan Extract acts as a natural mechanism for supporting normal activity of the Langerhans cells, which exist in the upper layer of skin. Langerhans cells are responsible for free-radical elimination, collagen synthesis, elastin synthesis and cell turnover. This promotes healthy, new cell growth for smooth, radiant-looking skin, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Why should I use antioxidants topically? Antioxidants are effective in fighting the effects of free radicals but, when taken orally, antioxidants encounter the natural oxidation process that occurs in the body when free oxygen molecules interact with body tissue and other materials in the body. This process can prevent the benefits of oral antioxidants before they are able to reach the skin. Applying antioxidants topically ensures that the skin is protected from harmful free radicals.
- Kutsky, Roman J. 1973, Handbook of Vitamins and Hormones. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company.
- Subar A, Block G,1990, "Use of vitamin and mineral supplements." America Journal of Epidemiology; 132: 1091-1101.
- Bland, Jeffrey, 1995. Vitamin C: The Future is Now, New Canaan: Keats Publishing, Inc.
- Levine, M. New concepts in the biology and biochemistry of ascorbic acid. New England Journal of Medicine ;314:892-901
- Gardner, J. 1996, "Use of Oxygen in Antiaging Therapies," Unpublished research.
- Food and Nutrition Board, RDA Recommended Dietary Allowances; 10 th Edition. National Academy of Sciences, Washington D.C.: National Academy Press,1989.
- Kameyama, K. et al "Inhibitory effect of magnesium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphonate (VC-PMG) on melanogenesis in vitro and in vivo." Clinical and, laboratory, studies, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, January 1996.
- Cameron, Ewan and Pauling, Linus, 1979, Cancer and Vitamin C. The Linus Pauling Institute.
- Merck Laboratories, Efficacy Studies with ASC III.
- Bush, MJ, Verlangieri, AJ.1987: "An acute study of the relative gastro-intestinal absorption of a novel form of calcium ascorbate." Research Communications in Chemical Pathology and Pharmacology: 57: 137-140.
- Murad, S et al, "Regulation of collagen synthesis by ascorbic acid." 1998, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA.